Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.
Register Log in

Another Sterilization Question?

majestik815

Thread starter #1
Does any one know if soaking tubes in polident then letting them soak in antibacterial cleansing liquid enough to consider them clean.
I know some of u are saying "polident" whats that about. well it's antibacterial for one. and i kinda guessed the fizzing would help break loose some of the ink.
just wondering. :rolleyes:

Slinky

Premium
First Name
Perri
another dumb ?

An autoclave would be considered the ONLY way of cleaning any stainless instrument. It isnt the breaking down of the ink. This is not why we "clean" our apparatus, its to stop contamination through blood, skin and any other micro organisms. Google, BBP, or Blood Borne Pathogens and you will realise the severity of cross contamination. Its all covered in the manual on here.

I know it sounds a bit harsh, but you wouldnt want to be operated on, knowing that the equipment had just been "washed".

Sonic

Premium
First Name
aarrgghhh
Dumb Question

OMG. This is probably the only tattoo forum on the internet, where the fire wouldn't fly at a question like that!
Autoclave ONLY.

Good job the mods here run an open minded forum...... :8:

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Just read this old post n had to laugh (or else scream!)

BIN IT or AUTOCLAVE!!!!!

OMG!:icon_redface:

First Name
Frankie B
Disposeble is the only way to go today , alot safer an alot less hassle . They are not that expensive if your going to charge your volenteer , lol :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: Ed :icon_cool:

ASH13

First Name
TWM
What about tubes/grips?

Im using disposable needles/tips, but my tube/grip is ss.

First Name
Andy
The tube / grip still needs to be claved, no ifs or buts, it has to be done.

If you download the how to guide from this forum, the information on blood borne pathogens and sterillsation is second to non, worth downloading just for that.

First Name
Tony
so nice to see good answers so many other sites bite your head off for asking this kind of thing, and i really put me off asking questions a bit.

but i do want to know this, i am learning at home and i will only be tattooing fruits pig skin and fake pooh skin, once i master these i will then move onto my legs, but i want to know what kind of AUTOCLAVE will be ok for home use ? some one said to me a baby sterelizer would be ok,but i cant see that working, and the other thing was sterelizing tablets, so would these be ok for what i am doing or can you suggest a cheap AUTOCLAVE that will be fine for home.

Thanks, this is a good forum and i am so glad i found it.

First Name
Andy
All the forms of steralising you mention wont work, it has to be autoclaved for re use, Instead of going to the expense of buying, maintaining and record keeping of a clave, use all disposable tubes instead, like the needles, single use then dispose.

If you are only tattoing fruit and fake skin then you dont have to steralise but it is good practice to treat fruit and fake skins as you would real skin to get into the habit of setting up, cleaning down working area and equipment, handling ink, changing gloves etc, treat the whole practice experience as a customer.

ASH13

First Name
TWM
i bought loads of dissposable tips but my grip is steel and thats what i am worried about ? i think dissposable is the best way.
Same for me.

Ive only used mine on practice skin and myself. I boil the tube/grip in water for 10mins and then wipe them down with alcohol. Not sure if it does anything, but I cant afford to get everything disposable at the moment.

Also Im NOT going to tattoo anything except myself, practice skin, fruits until I get everything disposable.

First Name
james
i have a autoclave and lots of real good quality tubes/grips/tips i got pics up in th 4sale section im open to reasonable offers ;)