At what point do you consider a tattoo is overworked ?

GWFH

Premium Plus
First Name
Valentin
valentin.chagny_tattoo
Hi guys, long time no post !

What is in the title. At one point one should consider a tattooed area overworked ?

When i'm packing black, usally one pass is not enough. So I wait for the skin to stop bleeding while dealing with another area, and I come back. Sometimes, I even have to make a third pass to achieve full blackness on the area. The problem is that I fear I'm hurting the skin too much. But on the other hand, I can't leave the area half packed.

On certain healed tattoos, I noticed that some packed areas are smooth and shiny. It seems to slowly go away over time and the skin goes back to normal black tattooed skin. Is this phenomenon normal and acceptable, or are the shiny areas scarred, even a little ?

--> Would you say that the black areas on the tattoo below (done today) are overworked ? If so, why ?
--> If I really overwork my tattoos, how can I fix it while achieving the same level of blackness ?

Thanks for your collective intelligence and wisdom ;)

P.S : Yes she has weird eyes.

Attachments

Last edited:

GWFH

Premium Plus
First Name
Valentin
valentin.chagny_tattoo
Answer to myself : I saw this article :

I tattoed my girlfriend two months ago, and after checking, the shiny parts are just now totally disappearing. But new question : how to disinguish this shiny skin phenomenon with a real scar caused by tattoing ?