Aussie Ink Lord

First Name
Du Plessis
Hey everybody!

My name is Du Plessis, my instagram is Ink_Lord_Swescki. Ive been tattooing for 4 years now. I've been drawing ever since i was a kid, in fact I designed tattoos for friends well before I turned 18. I'm self taught but didn't start straight away on friends. Practised on pig skin and fruit but prefer the latter as it gives a real indication of trouble points of the body due to high curvature (elbow, knee, etc.). Friends noticed my improvements so I started basic small stuff. I believe what helped me 'excel' at this craft was my previous experience painting sneakers, life drawing sessions, graphic/textile design and more! I didn't know these would help me proceed into tattooing.

My style is Ignorant Black Linework, its the style of the future IMO. Designs are comedic-occultic, ethereal, or just weird.

Did a lot of home jobs, going to friends places and setting up shop. The longest session I did was about 9 hours of a few friends which was cool, but sitting on milk crates made my butt look like a grilled steak.

I always approached every job with hygiene in mind, disposables only, machine and bottle bags, dental bibs, etc. which REALLY makes things easier, but I would love to source more sustainable solutions.

Biggest achievements was being a resident tattoo artist for a friend's Warehousey-gig event which included cool hip hop acts from local music scene & resident tattoo artist at some fashion show with a designer from New York which brought in heaps of business.

I work on all shapes, sizes and colours, I believe in skill segmentation to better myself. Ive found fit people tend to complain about pain alot which is a little funny.

COVID-19 changed my life. Lost my job, put an ad out online and got a few clients, one of which is a business owner who is opening up a shop literally near the centre of my city which is an amazing opportunity for me (once our lockdown ends).

I joined premium because the only way artists become truly monoliths in the game is to surround themselves with other artists. Happy to gain knowledge, share experiences and network!

Damn this is long apologies for the rant!

soulskript

Premium
First Name
Sebastian
I like your style, but it aint the future, its your future, up to you to make it go global 😉

Welcome, we're all here to improve

First Name
Du Plessis
I've used dragon hawk coils, dragon hawk rotary which is so light!, Bishop rotary (didn't like) and a FYT pen. I use WX-2 wireless battery for the FYT but also want to modify the binding posts on my rotary to take RCA wireless as well. I think theres something cool about walking around with a suitcase and not needing a wall socket ever. I also use a Brother printer PJ-766 which is a dream, no more iPad tracing Lord.

My heart belonged to 1214RL in the early days but recently, 9RL and 11RL cartridges are great.
Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 2.04.11 am.png Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 2.06.55 am.png Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 2.06.40 am.png Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 2.06.11 am.png Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 2.05.56 am.png Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 2.05.34 am.png

Beirdo

Premium
First Name
Josh
Welcome! Not a huge fan of that particular style but definitely each their own! More than happy to meet new folks and get exposed to new artforms.