First Name
Russ
Rose I did from other week,
Dynamic black
Radiant white
Sabre tubes
7rl 9mag
Glynn flew coil machines
Try radiant white it’s the best I’ve used in ages,but rusty as first one in a age
Feel free to rip it apart all learning

Attachments

• 3C5F5BFF-9F1F-41EE-965F-085552504830.jpeg
    3C5F5BFF-9F1F-41EE-965F-085552504830.jpeg
    41.5 KB · Views: 35

Rossco

Premium Gold
30 Sep 2018
uk
First Name
hiya mate..while there are some positives in that piece if im honest your not ready for human skin yet..get back on your practice skin and practice practice practice..i admire your enthusiasm but!! some times we need to be told. 'your not ready for human skin yet' until you and me are at a acceptable level we both need to practice...this isnt a dig or a mate thats sh#t dig..its a guidance of i think you are trying to run before you can walk...that rose is a definite later in life cover up..the skull you did in 2015 is a lot better than that..in 3 yrs you should be sooooo much better..like i say mate..back to practice skin...slooooow down and dont rush..and you will steadily improve..i find roses hard to do so i know i need to practice..when you are doing what ever piece it is on practice skin and can look at it and say 'woooow that looks mint' then you will be about right for trying to recreate it on human skin....like i say its not a pop at you russ just a mate you need to practice on fake skin still bit of guidance

Patch72

Premium Gold
3 Aug 2014
Media
Kent
First Name
Russ
hiya mate..while there are some positives in that piece if im honest your not ready for human skin yet..get back on your practice skin and practice practice practice..i admire your enthusiasm but!! some times we need to be told. 'your not ready for human skin yet' until you and me are at a acceptable level we both need to practice...this isnt a dig or a mate thats sh#t dig..its a guidance of i think you are trying to run before you can walk...that rose is a definite later in life cover up..the skull you did in 2015 is a lot better than that..in 3 yrs you should be sooooo much better..like i say mate..back to practice skin...slooooow down and dont rush..and you will steadily improve..i find roses hard to do so i know i need to practice..when you are doing what ever piece it is on practice skin and can look at it and say 'woooow that looks mint' then you will be about right for trying to recreate it on human skin....like i say its not a pop at you russ just a mate you need to practice on fake skin still bit of guidance
Thanks for the advise mate but it’s a heals pic and what the customer wanted,we all start somewhere
I take all onboard

TexasPT

Premium Gold
9 Dec 2011
Media
Texas
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572
I think the lines in this look pretty consistent in a lot of places. What I notice is you're just not 100% aware of where your needle is going to land. You have a spot or two where you crossed lines and your shading can't seem to find the line.

My only other critique is more of a generalization...we all want to use washes but if you can't blend from one value to another it just doesn't work out. I think that is why I avoid them...too hard for me to gauge where it will end up. I find that with solid black and some wrist you can still find those gradients that look nice in black and gray.

I'm just glad folks other than me are still tattooing. :)

Patch72

Premium Gold
3 Aug 2014
Media
Kent
First Name
Russ
I think the lines in this look pretty consistent in a lot of places. What I notice is you're just not 100% aware of where your needle is going to land. You have a spot or two where you crossed lines and your shading can't seem to find the line.

My only other critique is more of a generalization...we all want to use washes but if you can't blend from one value to another it just doesn't work out. I think that is why I avoid them...too hard for me to gauge where it will end up. I find that with solid black and some wrist you can still find those gradients that look nice in black and gray.

I'm just glad folks other than me are still tattooing. :)
Cheers mark,all taken on board

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
31 May 2011
Media
Stoke on Trent
First Name
Andy
You need to tattoo more regularly Russ, I know you are more than capable of executing clean tattoos, You have to keep your hand in with regular practice if you want to progress, some darker shades would work on that rose too

Patch72

Premium Gold
3 Aug 2014
Media
Kent
First Name
Russ
You need to tattoo more regularly Russ, I know you are more than capable of executing clean tattoos, You have to keep your hand in with regular practice if you want to progress, some darker shades would work on that rose too
Agreed mate,less day time work and more tattooing time is needed,she’s a tricky customer don’t want much shading and less dark greys,ain’t my best work agreed but I’m learning mate

parm

Basic
5 Nov 2017
london
First Name
parmvir
Thanks for sharing @Patch72. I nowhere close to having enough experience to give you good criticism, but I did have a question. You said it's healed, but some line look fresh...are these lines that went too deep?

Remove Ads

fylfot

Premium Plus
9 Jun 2012
England
First Name
david
alright russ, i'd say thats a pretty good job mate, that inner part of the arm can be a weird place to tattoo. Even though it's taut and smooth, i find sometimes it's hard to get the ink in, especially subtle shading.

Patch72

Premium Gold
3 Aug 2014
Media
Kent
First Name
Russ
Thanks for sharing @Patch72. I nowhere close to having enough experience to give you good criticism, but I did have a question. You said it's healed, but some line look fresh...are these lines that went too deep?
I have no idea ive seen it since and lines don’t look darker all looks the same the customer sent pic in

Patch72

Premium Gold
3 Aug 2014
Media
Kent
First Name
Russ
alright russ, i'd say thats a pretty good job mate, that inner part of the arm can be a weird place to tattoo. Even though it's taut and smooth, i find sometimes it's hard to get the ink in, especially subtle shading.
Cheers Dave,ain’t my best work left it far to long but onwards an upwards
How’s your work progressing mate?

fylfot

Premium Plus
9 Jun 2012
England
First Name
david
Cheers Dave,ain’t my best work left it far to long but onwards an upwards
How’s your work progressing mate?
I'm progressing slowly but surely russ, seem to do a few decent ones then just as i think i can relax cos i have it sussed i do a tattoo where it all goes south and the tattoo gods remind me to not get complacent. The engine in my avatar is one of mine from a while ago.

Patch72

Premium Gold
3 Aug 2014
Media
Kent
First Name
Russ
I'm progressing slowly but surely russ, seem to do a few decent ones then just as i think i can relax cos i have it sussed i do a tattoo where it all goes south and the tattoo gods remind me to not get complacent. The engine in my avatar is one of mine from a while ago.
It’s alway two steps forward and 3. Backaint it mate but ere get there I hope

TexasPT

Premium Gold
9 Dec 2011
Media
Texas
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572

I think we've all done that tattoo...where you go into it a lot more confident than you should. :( For me, I get lax on stretching like I should then struggle to get good saturation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.