Bit of a Bettie Page Piece Design

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Started this the other day, defrosted it and kinda finished it off.

photo.jpg

Comments welcome as always.

Remove Ads

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
Absolutely brilliant stuff! Surely its time now to hit the real stuff?
Cant wait to see your work. :icon_biggrin:

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Absolutely brilliant stuff! Surely its time now to hit the real stuff?
Cant wait to see your work. :icon_biggrin:
Cheers Dave! :icon_cheesygrin: That means a lot mate. I feel i've still got a fair way to go. I'm not 100% happy with my line work yet. I want to be uber confident when I first do a proper human bean! ...and I need someone who'll let me! haha

Hightower

Premium
First Name
Kerry
Cheers Dave! :icon_cheesygrin: That means a lot mate. I feel i've still got a fair way to go. I'm not 100% happy with my line work yet. I want to be uber confident when I first do a proper human bean! ...and I need someone who'll let me! haha
I'm looking for a bit text across my chest - can travel to leeds if you need someone to have a go on!

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
I'm looking for a bit text across my chest - can travel to leeds if you need someone to have a go on!
:icon_eek: Holy crap! thanks Kerry. You realise i've never done work on real skin yet? Without committing myself (or more importantly, yourself) can you message me what style of text you're after and the spelling. I can get something drawn up and put onto pigskin tonight to see how it goes.
Thanks!
Steve

Hightower

Premium
First Name
Kerry
:icon_eek: Holy crap! thanks Kerry. You realise i've never done work on real skin yet? Without committing myself (or more importantly, yourself) can you message me what style of text you're after and the spelling. I can get something drawn up and put onto pigskin tonight to see how it goes.
Thanks!
Steve
I'm just looking for Gloria in Excelsis Deo to go across my chest in a small arc, like a rainbow but not as steep as that. Would like it in some kind of cursive font that uses lower case letters as well as upper (don't fancy it all upper case) - although it shouldn't be too hard to read (seen some fonts that you have to study to make out what they say).

Have a play mate, if it's something you can feel happy to try out then give me a shout.

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
Thats some damn fine work you got going on, excellent shading for what I see! I love the filigree work youve done as well, absolutely wonderful!!!!! I should say your ready, go out and conquer! :icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Thats some damn fine work you got going on, excellent shading for what I see! I love the filigree work youve done as well, absolutely wonderful!!!!! I should say your ready, go out and conquer! :icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:
Cheers Mike! Very kind of you to say!

X DEBS X

Basic
First Name
Debbie
Nice work steve. :) my only crit would be that the flower and face seems a little unfinished. A little darker shading around the eyes, nose etc would make the features seem less flat. Loving your style of work tho, the way you frame your work is great.

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Nice work steve. :) my only crit would be that the flower and face seems a little unfinished. A little darker shading around the eyes, nose etc would make the features seem less flat. Loving your style of work tho, the way you frame your work is great.
Yeah, that's fair critique Debs. It was a pants photo I was working off, very light and so there was no shading round the nose, and the flower was completely White. What little shading there was I'd just added myself. I should of added a bit more in! Thanks.
Yeah, I like framing tattoos, I think they look like more of a piece. I need to watch it though or everything I do will look the same. (I say while looking at my framed tattoo in my profile pic, haha).

simon1983

Premium
First Name
Simon
VERY NICE work mate if you ever need anyone to practice on i'm happy to donate my self.lol

Keep up the good work mate.

Simon

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
You should seriously have your own shop. Every piece youve posted looks more than professional. :icon_wink:

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
You should seriously have your own shop. Every piece youve posted looks more than professional. :icon_wink:
:icon_cheesygrin: Thankyou! Very kind. That is what i'm working towards, I feel i've still got a fair way to go though. I make at least one bad decision or mistake on everything i've done so far which you can't really afford to do on people.

jonturbo

Premium
First Name
jon
im willing to offer myself for your first tattoo on real skin mate, ive drawn a memorial tatt for a mate and you could do that if you like, and i live in leeds, well drighlington....add me on FB mate if your on there and ill show you the pic just search john lewis junior

Last edited:

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
im willing to offer myself for your first tattoo on real skin mate, ive drawn a memorial tatt for a mate and you could do that if you like, and i live in leeds, well drighlington....add me on FB mate if your on there and ill show you the pic just search john lewis junior
Sure Jon,
Are you the chap with the flat cap and the cig In your profile pic? Proper Yorkshire haha. Thought i'd better check before adding you! I only live in Birkenshaw down the road from Drig too!
Steve

Flying Monkey

Premium
First Name
Chris
Great work! Im especially fond of pin up girls. Im wanting a majority of 1 of my upcoming sleeves to be tasteful pin up girls. You do very good work.

jonturbo

Premium
First Name
jon
Sure Jon,
Are you the chap with the flat cap and the cig In your profile pic? Proper Yorkshire haha. Thought i'd better check before adding you! I only live in Birkenshaw down the road from Drig too!
Steve
yeah thats me mate! friend request accepted!

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
yeah thats me mate! friend request accepted!
Cool!, Just sent you a Facebook message asking for the design, size and placement. If you can let me know and i'll sketch something up. I really need to get on this and start doing people. I've had a few requests and so need to step up!! Don't want to let anyone down.