Blending

Sl1pperyweasel

Get more ink..
Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Graham
I have been trying out shading/ blending colours together this weekend & not sure if im doing it correctly so any pointers would be great.

To fade the colour out I am flicking the machine out of the skin (pig!) so it goes from full colour to nothing but Im finding I have to go over the same area a few times for this to be effective. This to me seems like it would cause a lot of pain to the client if I did on a person.
Fading colours into each other I am doing the same thing.

Like I say this seems to work but not sure if its correct.

With black shading for example on Koi scale how would they be shaded? is it full black ink & shaded as above or using grey wash & going over the same area until dark enough?

From vids I have watched they seem to do the fade from dark to light in one hit?

I tried with both 7M & 9RS. The round seemed to be better. (especially after I realised that I have been doing most of my tatts with the needle set at only abt 1mm!!!)

Any advice would b good.

Cheers

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
I have been trying out shading/ blending colours together this weekend & not sure if im doing it correctly so any pointers would be great.

To fade the colour out I am flicking the machine out of the skin (pig!) so it goes from full colour to nothing but Im finding I have to go over the same area a few times for this to be effective. This to me seems like it would cause a lot of pain to the client if I did on a person.
Fading colours into each other I am doing the same thing.

Like I say this seems to work but not sure if its correct.

With black shading for example on Koi scale how would they be shaded? is it full black ink & shaded as above or using grey wash & going over the same area until dark enough?

From vids I have watched they seem to do the fade from dark to light in one hit?

I tried with both 7M & 9RS. The round seemed to be better. (especially after I realised that I have been doing most of my tatts with the needle set at only abt 1mm!!!)

Any advice would b good.

Cheers
hi graham
were to start ??? lol fades with greywash you do lay the lighter tones in 1st then build up to the dark tones
with the colour blending work the same ;) i anserd a thread i think yesterday relating to the same sort of problems u getting check that thread out :thumbsup:

Sl1pperyweasel

Get more ink..
Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Graham
http://www.ehow.com/video_4974731_techniques-shading-tattoo.html

found this - if you can put up with the ad at beginning!!!

its quite good and you may find it helpful?
Cheers Dawn, useful video. Is good to see what I am doing is correct, now its just practice practice & more practice.
I think I need to watch more vids in general as Im at a bit of a wall with techniques & different methods of work.
Shading is deffo the next thing for me tho.

Does anybody know of any decent DVDs or online vids worth a watch re: general tattooing techniques?