Blurred Line

Why people my oytline is blurred???? i must pass again to be strong nice black line ! why??????????

Remove Ads

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
You may have vibration in your needle. This can be avoided with a few tips. Prebending the needles before putting in the machine, tightening the loop of the needle onto the nipple using pliers and always use rubber bands. Make sure you're using lining ink too!! Not tribal. Also try not to tilt your machine like a pencil.

lordbaalnox

Premium
First Name
Lee
Steve's about covered it, can we see an example by you upoading a pic,

becarefull when tightening the loop at the top of the neede bar as yoou can twist it off centre by accident, then your in trouble

You may have vibration in your needle. This can be avoided with a few tips. Prebending the needles before putting in the machine, tightening the loop of the needle onto the nipple using pliers and always use rubber bands. Make sure you're using lining ink too!! Not tribal. Also try not to tilt your machine like a pencil.
Thank you very usefull all the information!!! I found out that the rubers wasnt enough tight!!

Steve's about covered it, can we see an example by you upoading a pic,

becarefull when tightening the loop at the top of the neede bar as yoou can twist it off centre by accident, then your in trouble
I fix it..the bands was the problem and i forget to say that also the problem was the depht! I was only 1mm inside not 2mm so problem again..now im 2mm inside always!!

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
What do you mean by not tilting it like a pencil?

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
the machine should be tilted at a 45 degree angle to the skin.

BlazeAlot

Basic
First Name
Chris
But isnt that roughly the same way most people hold a pencil?
I agree, I seen the "Do NOT tilt the machine like a pencil " comment and It made me look at it a few times. But I do tilt my machine to more of a 45 rather than like a 60-70 like I would a pencil.

I think he just meant to make sure you tilt it how a tattoo machine should be tilted, rather than more straightly angled/tilted like a pencil or pen.

fatlucky

Premium
First Name
lucky
They mean tilted at a 45 degree angle front to back ..... Do not tilt it 45 degrees to the left or right as some beginners do so they can see the needle and line..as this will cause a hazey line off to the side of where the needles are making contact.

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
They mean tilted at a 45 degree angle front to back ..... Do not tilt it 45 degrees to the left or right as some beginners do so they can see the needle and line..as this will cause a hazey line off to the side of where the needles are making contact.
Yes, this is exactly what I meant. If your needle is at an angle off to the side of the line you are doing then its firing ink away from the line you're supposed to be following essentially which also means doing curves you can find it hard not to do this if you tilt your machine, I've tried to get into the habit of reducing the angle as much as possible for a better line.

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
I see.....Ive been making this mistake some I think.

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
Yes, this is exactly what I meant. If your needle is at an angle off to the side of the line you are doing then its firing ink away from the line you're supposed to be following essentially which also means doing curves you can find it hard not to do this if you tilt your machine, I've tried to get into the habit of reducing the angle as much as possible for a better line.

Where do you learn this stuff? My only source of info is this site and trial and error.

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Where do you learn this stuff? My only source of info is this site and trial and error.
I think it was the chap at UTAT2 that told me that on my days training.. Although it may of been on one of the tattoo DVDs I've watched, and I've watched a lot.

fatlucky

Premium
First Name
lucky
It's a hard habit to break especially if you ride the tube ... I've always worked off the needle myself but to each his own in that respect. But I caught myself trying to roll the machine when working on a upper shoulder. Just gotta be conscious of the angle of the dangle for awhile then it will just be second nature to you.

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
Personally, i think "riding the tube" is a mythe. Have you ever tried it? It just makes a mess of everything, to the stage where you cant see any of the stencil anymore. It takes a lot of practice to hold a steady needle depth, but god, how much easier is it.