P Branding

RustDeamon

Premium
First Name
Erick
another form of "extreme" body mod that's relatively not popular (I guess most people don't like being burnt) I currently have 3 brands, the first was a travesty (extremely bad 3rd degree burn on my pectoral almost a year to fully heal and occasionally still bothers me 25 years later) after a bit of reading the second two though small and simple worked out well. though they don't stand out nearly as well as I would like. I was just curious if any in here did/has/knows branding at all?

RustDeamon

Premium
First Name
Erick
I put this here because of the "and modifications" and there's really no other sub forum it fits into.

RustDeamon

Premium
First Name
Erick
I don't count that one lol, I forget its there even though it gets renewed every riding season lol

RustDeamon

Premium
First Name
Erick
As you see the one on the left of this picture is a bad one, it was supposed to be a spiral, the metal was way too hot and left in place way too long. On the right in the picture there is an s shape brand layered atop a spiral. They are pretty faint after 22 or 23 years. there was also a major difference n wire size used the larger brands wire stock was roughly 8mm brass rod bent to shape the other two brands were done with a paper clip you can barely see the spiral under the s shaped brand at this point.
20191017_042339.jpg .

Last edited:

dirtnail

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Pieter
I know of IT, thought about it, but don't have any. It was relatively popular for a while ages ago. I used to be a member of the bme forum for a while... not sure if it is still around though, they had loads of diy body mod tutorials :X3:

troub1edsou1z

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Tom
I have heard of it and seen a few people with them, but not something i'd be into lol. I would imagine there has to be some type of side effect from this, like nerve damage or something?

RustDeamon

Premium
First Name
Erick
With the third degree burn definitely, however a properly done brand theres not really much more risk of nerve damage than with a tattoo. Brands however are really easy to FUBAR. All it takes is a split second too long and improper immediate care to do serious damage.because the burning doesnt stop when the iron is removed, immediate cooling is required to prevent the burning oils and fats in the flesh from escalating damage.

troutbox

Premium
First Name
flaart
i also remember branding from the 90's. it sounded interesting. and looked it. but i can't even really see yours in the pics. but thanx for sharing.....

on a side note, i was just reading a book about the battle of the little bighorn(that would be custer's last stand). it stated that deserters in the us army in the late 1880's, if found, would be either branded or tattooed with the letter "D".