December drawing contest now active! Here

Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Can you tattoo the same spot over consecutive days?

soulstare22

Premium
First Name
Timmy
I know for big pieces you can do them section by section but could you for instance line the entire piece first, and then fill the rest in over the course of a few days? What would be the opening to get it done and what would be too long?

TexasPT

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Mark
you can...but I imagine it hurts. You'll see artists at conventions do 2-3 days in a row on a big piece.

First Name
Elisha
I wouldn't say its impossible... However you dont want to overwork the skin too much.

It happens in conventions all the time and I dont really think it makes a negative visual effect on the tattoo, but maybe more discomfort for the client? I had someone come to fill some parts of this design in solid black. I managed to get half the lines and black done, however the next day, they came back and I wouldn't dare go over the black again. The lines weren't so bad to go up to but he did say it was mildly uncomfortable (I guess in perspective, thats nothing haha)

I think it solely depends on what it is? (Sorry for the long post, only just saw after writing it all lol)