Categories with Black Inks

People do you know why at the shops stand out the black inks...?
  • outlining ink or
  • shading ink or
  • fill in ink or
  • all 3 together

Remove Ads

Not sure what you are trying to ask here?
At the stores sell black inks for oulining ,shading, filling... why is this for ?
i must buy one black ink for outline and one for fill in ?
the black ink that said the store that is for lining can not be used for fill in?or shading? why exist these categories? its for selling the shops more black inks? or its another think the outline and another think the fill in? so why must buy both inks.

Tarantula

Premium
First Name
Jais
Lining ink is usually quite thin, Shading ink is made for diluting or already diluted, some inks are made a bit thicker for solid fills. Personally I have 4 or 5 different black inks. "One" is a pretty good all rounder

Tarantula

Premium
First Name
Jais
I have used One on tribal stuff and it was fine, I had some problems on one guy on his inner bicep area and had to swap to Eternal triple black, but some people will reject some inks, thats why I have a few different types.
Kuro Sumi is also a good all rounder and possibly the blackest black that I have used so far.

khosmy

Premium
Media
First Name
Edgar Valerio
Yes it can, but it may take you more time to do it, and in some cases it may need to be retouched later.
That ink besides being great for the lining, is also pretty neat for you to make your own washes.

Personally i will be trying Xtreme tribal black soon, since i heard very nice reviews from their inks.

Yes it can, but it may take you more time to do it, and in some cases it may need to be retouched later.
That ink besides being great for the lining, is also pretty neat for you to make your own washes.

Personally i will be trying Xtreme tribal black soon, since i heard very nice reviews from their inks.
Why more time??? what black ink must use to fiil in nice and fast ???? Kuro sumi for fill in doesnt exist ???what problem may have if i fill in with kuro sumi outlining ink ????

Tarantula

Premium
First Name
Jais
I use Kuro Sumi black outline ink for lining and filling on tribal stuff, there is no problem, it goes in well and stays a nice deep black. I also use it for washes it works great. As for speed that only comes with practice, there is no magic ink that will fill faster than another just the technique you use to put it in. If you struggle to get a decent fill and you feel you're technique and hand speed are right then it may be your stretch or machine speed (change springs until you find something to suit).
You can also try textured needles, these will help with the ammount of ink that goes in and thus make the whole process go faster. I think you need to slow your hand "less haste more speed", tight overlapping circles and you'll see some improvement.