P cheap guy buys machine...film at 11

TexasPT

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572

Pulled the trigger on another CNC pen but this one has a Maxxon motor rather than the German one. And instead of linear, it has a horizontal thingy. Thingy being a technical term.

Should be here this weekend. realized I need a back up.

Warhorse_Tattoos

Premium Gold
First Name
Dylan
Warhorse_cowboy
Looking forward to seeing your review of thus one vs their cheesy instagram ads featuring their "professional artists" that never actually show the machine they are using haha

Dazza

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Daryl
Coils are definitely collecting dust

TexasPT

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572
Looking forward to seeing your review of thus one vs their cheesy instagram ads featuring their "professional artists" that never actually show the machine they are using haha
I haven't seen an instagram ad for cnc yet...I have seen the Mast company pushing thier stuff a lot. If they show the machine they don't name the artist and if they name the artist they don't show the machine. :) but one of the people I follow on instagram is "sponosored" and she tags them every post so I assume she is actually using the machines.

Warhorse_Tattoos

Premium Gold
First Name
Dylan
Warhorse_cowboy
I haven't seen an instagram ad for cnc yet...I have seen the Mast company pushing thier stuff a lot. If they show the machine they don't name the artist and if they name the artist they don't show the machine. :) but one of the people I follow on instagram is "sponosored" and she tags them every post so I assume she is actually using the machines.
Ah you were right i was thinking the dragonhawk mast and that veetattoo supply company which is apparently a distributor for them. I still think they are all the same company to be honest (dragonhawk, cnc, ect).

TexasPT

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572
Ah you were right i was thinking the dragonhawk mast and that veetattoo supply company which is apparently a distributor for them. I still think they are all the same company to be honest (dragonhawk, cnc, ect).
it's like buying a car...one manufacturer makes about 3 brands...same with these. They just brand them different. When I raced motorcycles everyone talked about "shitty chinese clones" but didn't realize these companies bought the worn tooling from Honda and set up shop. Stuff was interchangeable and damn near exact.

TexasPT

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572
Just showed up!!!

first impressions:

It's longer than the short pen...which makes sense. But the weight it pretty much the same. I think it's just a couple grams off.

Starting voltage on the new one is 10v...higher than anything I go to on the other. Dazza same motor as the swashdrive. I'll probably be lining around 13 or 13.5 volts on this one. Shading closer to 11.

quieter and less vibration in side by side test. :)

I've got a tattoo tonight...I'll let you guys know what I think after.

Attachments

Warhorse_Tattoos

Premium Gold
First Name
Dylan
Warhorse_cowboy
Just showed up!!!

first impressions:

It's longer than the short pen...which makes sense. But the weight it pretty much the same. I think it's just a couple grams off.

Starting voltage on the new one is 10v...higher than anything I go to on the other. Dazza same motor as the swashdrive. I'll probably be lining around 13 or 13.5 volts on this one. Shading closer to 11.

quieter and less vibration in side by side test. :)

I've got a tattoo tonight...I'll let you guys know what I think after.
Are you using a battery pack or power supply?

Dazza

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Daryl
Mean while at Chicago airport :sleep: , no it looks cool ,I wish my post was as fast as yours:ROFLMAO: ,you had a busy week or two buddy ,your soon be able to give up you day job 🙂