• Later today, the site will be offline for essential server upgrades. This upgrade should run without any problems. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheyenne hawk thunder cartridges problem

Nastija

Basic
First Name
Monika
Hi ☺
I’m fresh at tattooing and I have problem with Cheyenne thunder, I was trying to find answer on the internet but with no success, so I thought that maybe here someone will be able to tell what to do. I bought Cheyenne hawk thunder machine few months ago, before I was working on coil machine so rotary are something new to me. Long story short, everything works beautiful but I have weird problem with cartridges, sometimes when I insert one it’ll be okay, but sometimes it looks like it’s somehow loose and the sounds different. Many times they just “shoot” of from machine and get stuck of the skin or fly somewhere across the room. I hope you can understand what I mean, English is not my first language and it’s not that easy to explain what I mean.
I don’t have this problem with all cartridges, some box are all okay, some have a few “flying” ones and some boxes are full of bad ones. It’s annoying because just yesterday when I was practicing on myself I throw away at least 7 of them and they are not that cheap. I’m using killerink stellar and started to think if it’s maybe just something with that brand, but I don’t know. It’s not a problem for me to buy original ones or just some better brand if it’ll solve the problem but I wanted to try the most affordable option first. Thanks a lot for every answer, have great day ☺️

MirandM

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Miranda
Must be something about your machine. I have six different pens and a fair load of different cartridges, never had any of this happening...
Do you have any that require a bit more force to insert? Because I do, and that's fine, they never should be too loose.
btw, just out of curiosity, where are you from Monika? Name like that rings some bells with me...
Ah and of course welcome to the forum.

Nastija

Basic
First Name
Monika
Must be something about your machine. I have six different pens and a fair load of different cartridges, never had any of this happening...
Do you have any that require a bit more force to insert? Because I do, and that's fine, they never should be too loose.
btw, just out of curiosity, where are you from Monika? Name like that rings some bells with me...
Ah and of course welcome to the forum.
I still have hope it’s something with this cartridges brand because some of them sit very well and I sometimes have difficulties with taking them out, just yesterday when I had problem with some of them being too lose I had one I couldn’t take out and I had to ask my boyfriend to help me, it was sitting that well. Now I think that it was always some kind of magnum that was falling out, I don’t remember liners being loose.
And I’m from Poland, living currently in Manchester so I’m used to questions about where I’m from ☺️ But most of the times people assume I’m from Russia.
Anyway thank you so much for answer ☺️

MirandM

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Miranda
I still have hope it’s something with this cartridges brand because some of them sit very well and I sometimes have difficulties with taking them out, just yesterday when I had problem with some of them being too lose I had one I couldn’t take out and I had to ask my boyfriend to help me, it was sitting that well. Now I think that it was always some kind of magnum that was falling out, I don’t remember liners being loose.
And I’m from Poland, living currently in Manchester so I’m used to questions about where I’m from ☺️ But most of the times people assume I’m from Russia.
Anyway thank you so much for answer ☺️
I leave you in the experienced hands of Andy, I don't have a Cheyenne so somebody else can help you better with this.
Only thing I can tell you is that magnums generally require more power to get to work, usually by means of kick-start, maybe that's why they take off to your tattoo space... :eek:
No I didn't think you were from Russia, I'm Dutch and the name Monika is rather common there, as it is in Germany (your neighbor), Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Belgium. That's why. :)

Nastija

Basic
First Name
Monika
I leave you in the experienced hands of Andy, I don't have a Cheyenne so somebody else can help you better with this.
Only thing I can tell you is that magnums generally require more power to get to work, usually by means of kick-start, maybe that's why they take off to your tattoo space... :eek:
No I didn't think you were from Russia, I'm Dutch and the name Monika is rather common there, as it is in Germany (your neighbor), Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Belgium. That's why. :)
Hope to find out exactly why it’s happening soon, quite weird problem and it made me confused a lot. I couldn’t find any info about something like that anywhere.
Yeah, didn’t think of that, maybe because I’m used to speaking to people personally so they may be mistaking accent or something I think 😉

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Andy
I use genuine grip, no disposables
In that case because you have had problems with a lot of different brands of carts then the problem could quite possibly be that the metal grip has been machined wrong, worn out, damaged etc.
could you try another grip?

Dazza

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Daryl
I agree with Andy ,the grip may faulty but I bet Cheyenne needles will fit it perfectly,I’d just message the needle supplier and mention the problem as it may well be the cartridges your using

Nastija

Basic
First Name
Monika
In that case because you have had problems with a lot of different brands of carts then the problem could quite possibly be that the metal grip has been machined wrong, worn out, damaged etc.
could you try another grip?
Unfortunately I don’t have another grip. I have all carts from one brand but liners fit perfectly good. So can it be the case of damaged grip if liners fit okay and magnums are falling out? And all one brand?

Remove Ads

Nastija

Basic
First Name
Monika
I agree with Andy ,the grip may faulty but I bet Cheyenne needles will fit it perfectly,I’d just message the needle supplier and mention the problem as it may well be the cartridges your using
I’m planing on buying original Cheyenne needles and try with them. I hope it’ll help, because it starts to be really problematic now I have more tattoos to do than before

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.