Chinese Made

inkstar

Premium
First Name
OG
ok some chinese made tattoo gear is shit but some is good ,only saying this cos im sick of all crap about chinese made gear on the net ,ive got a chinese power pack ive had for about 2years that i use every day it duznt get hot and duznt miss a beat it cost me some thing like $30 ,so just wanted to no if any one has got any thing good from china, ive read so much crap on the net when when trying to get a review on somethings and they just start going on about china and at the end of it the hole thread ends up with no useful info at all,so i had nothing to do one day and my m8 has an eikon power supply that he payed a lot for so we opened it up just to find that the hole guts of it was parts from china the same bits and bobs as in my $30 power pack and he ordered it from ekion usa , the chinese have been making tv's ,radios,computers, for years how many people have a chinese made tv that has worked fine for over 10 years used every day ,not every thing good comes out of the usa and im not a fan of the chinese people myself just giving credit were credit is due ,any way any one out there got anything good from china

Remove Ads

j3rz3y1

Premium
Media
First Name
Frank
Well inkstar i can't argue there i went to element suply an bought a couple of there machines for 10 dollars each an have had no probs have had them awhile now an they don't miss a beat
:icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: Ed :icon_cool:

Chops

Premium
First Name
Steve
I'm still using chinese made machines, some times all they need is a new capacitor and they are right as rain, ive just found they need to be tuned a little more often.
I also use the chinese made spirit paper knock offs, which work pretty well for hand stencils.

mxtattoo

Premium
First Name
Rob
Hi Glen, I have got 10 chinese made machines and all set up and work brilliantly ! i only use the ones with cast frames and have not had a single fault with any of them. I have a micky sharpz machine and the chinese ones work just as well once they are set up correctly. some spring adjustments etc. my power supplys both come from china at *£22 each (duel power) none of this equipment ever overheats or lets me down. i think there is a lot of substandard gear for sale from china but if you are careful check out the photo's (frames,binding posts, general fixings etc) and there is a lot of gear well worth having. all my clip chords, washing bottles, foot pedals, grips, tubes, tips (including disposables) are all from china. the only rub is that you have to wait up to 3 weeks for delivery. so not all negative about china.:thumbsup:

inkstar

Premium
First Name
OG
cool good to hear people have got some good deals, some times when looking for a reveiw all you get is people rubbishing china and you get nothing out of the reveiw,when all i want to no is is it any good or should i buy it and replace a few things to get a better deal
i understand why machine,and power supply, makes get mad with there stuff being copyed and getting the gear at under half the cost ,but for years we as tattoo artists have payed heaps for gear $450 to $600 per machine so its nice to have at last the chance to get a deal on some gear

simon1983

Premium
First Name
Simon
Just wondering what is the average cost of the import tax etc when ordering from China?

I'm looking at getting a new power supply but not sure if it will work out just as cheap to get it from here after all the extra costs

thanks in advance

Simon

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Just wondering what is the average cost of the import tax etc when ordering from China?

I'm looking at getting a new power supply but not sure if it will work out just as cheap to get it from here after all the extra costs

thanks in advance

Simon
Hi Simon,it will be just as cheap to get it here,if not cheaper !! just have a look on ebay.

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
I recently bought some cheap machines for *£10 each, both shader and liner are good, but the liner is especially good and it performs better than any of my more expensive machines which range from *£50 - 100. I bought them from this site (Supertatz) with the intention of stripping them down and playing around with them, but as they are so good I will keep them for regular use. Not sure if they are chinese but it proves that cheap doesn't necessarily mean rubbish.:icon_lol:

mxtattoo

Premium
First Name
Rob
Hi just to comment on Simons question, when you order anything from overseas that may incure a Taxation charge get the supplyer to mark the package with either GIFT or WARANTY RETURN that way you should not incure any more charges. i have ordered and received loads of stuff from china america etc and have never had to pay any extra duty on them. most of them are marked up as GIFT. :thumbsup: