P Coil Vs Rotary / CLIP CORD VS RCA

MURK

Premium
First Name
craig
Hi I've been learning to tattoo for the past year using coil machines and fake skins and grapefruits, I brought a great book by huck spaulding explaining pretty much everything I needed to know from scratch to get started, noticed this site back then but only just joined because theres so much more for me to learn before I even attempt to put ink to skin, I've been getting good results with the machines im runnin but from all I've read I'd like to give rotarys a go just to see how they compare and before I get to used to runnin one type of machine, going to try the stealth original or v2 (with all rounder bearing) as they are in budget but I'd just like to know whether to get an rca connection or stick to clipcord? im running a venus power supply (which i find great) with jack plug connections,from what i've seen it looks as tho they both use jacked ends into power supply whats peoples opinions on the rca connection?
thanks in advance craig

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Hi Craig

Welcome, you will find all the info you need on this site, there are lots of members who will gladly help you wih any questions you may have.

Regarding rotarys I don't have any experience of them but have read up and gathered lots of info on them, and am saving up to buy a stigma Hyper. If you look in the forums under Beginners Q & A sub heading machines & set up you will find all the info you need. Several members have posted info on the various types of rotary and in particular the hawk which seems to be very good. Check out the sub forums and all the other info on this site and I,m sure you will find all the answers, otherwise just ask as you have done in this post.

I have only used clip cords so far on my coil machines so can't comment on how they compare with jack plugs. However I have noticed more people use clip cord at conventions than Jack plug, again check out the forums.
Good luck:icon_smile:

MURK

Premium
First Name
craig
Thanks for the reply patrick, yeah theres a whole lot of subjects covered on this site to read back on, ive also searched alot of other forums and it seems there is no definitive answer for coils and rotarys or even the connections, although i'll probably go for rca and give rotarys a try, tryin rca because ive read if easy connection, consistent power and no chance of mixin polarity, i'll compare to the clip cords on my coils and put sum feedback up
Craig

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Andy
RCA is a definite better connection compared with a clip cord which can swing from side to side as you are using it and sometimes may momentarilly lose power as the connection moves, I still prefer clip cords though.

MURK

Premium
First Name
craig
I said i'd put some feedback up and after a few week using rotary and rca i have to say in my opinion rca awesome connection and rotary all i can say is as far as practice on pigskin goes they do a sweet job. will upload pics when time btw morrisons do pigskin by the tonne.. all unscored and very clean already shaved etc just needs a slight scrub to get oil out top layer