P Colour Mixing Chart

steveo9441

Premium
First Name
Steve
Hi all
Can someone help me out with a problem.
I need a colour mixing chart, detailing the ratio/quantity of primary colours to create the colours I need.
I have purchased some primary inks from Hogarth Inks, they sent an email with a wpd file to down load.
I have tried everything possible to extract these but nothing is working and I have sent an email to them asking to resend in a different format.
The problem I have is that I want a chart NOW and have tried searching but still can't find one ..... HELP!
Thanks
Stephen:eek:

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
Hi all
Can someone help me out with a problem.
I need a colour mixing chart, detailing the ratio/quantity of primary colours to create the colours I need.
I have purchased some primary inks from Hogarth Inks, they sent an email with a wpd file to down load.
I have tried everything possible to extract these but nothing is working and I have sent an email to them asking to resend in a different format.
The problem I have is that I want a chart NOW and have tried searching but still can't find one ..... HELP!
Thanks
Stephen:eek:
Why dont you add the file on here as an attatchment, and see if any of us can open it?
What is the format of the chart, ie .pub, .txt .rar or something like

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Hi Steve,
May be wrong in saying this - but don't think you'll find colour mixing to be an exact science unless you are weighing out dry pigments to the fraction of a gram!

A colour wheel will help you as it shows which primaries make what;

Red/blue = purple add White for lilac the paler you want - more White
Yellow/red = orange add more red for 'tomato' add White for peachy tones add yellow for skin tones
Black/White for grey - add blue for slate colour
Yellow/blue = green - more yellow for lime - add White for 'mint' etc....

When you are happy with colours just bottle them up but it's prob best to do them each time for one tattoo so the colours are fresh and vibrant.

Hope this helps - and don't mean to be condescending - just unsure of your colour mixing knowledge.

steveo9441

Premium
First Name
Steve
i have checked the file and it seems like it has been corrupted when it was sent, it will not let me attach it :(
I know all about colour mixing as I am a graphic artist, I know it is not an exact science not all colours are the same, many shades of red, many shades of blues etc, looks like I am going to do it the hard way ... lol
Thanks all