P Colour Outline Ink

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
Hi everyone, I have a small tattoo to do, on the back of the neck and the client doesn't want the design to stand out to much, I have suggested may not using black for an outline but then using just a colour ink can bleed into the skin or into another colour, does anybody know of a company that makes different colour outline ink or the best way to go about it, thanks in advanced.

regards
Tony

Sonic

Premium
First Name
aarrgghhh
Who has said that you cant outline with coloured ink? I have outlined with red, without a problem. Depending on what ink you use, thin it down slightly and outline as usual. People say it bleeds into other colours etc, but that is when outlining with a colour that is too light. It just looks a mess.

As long as you use a darkish colour, it looks quite good i think.

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
I've watched loads of clips where they don't use a black outline and it seems to work well. I am particularly interested in this technique as I think the tat looks more like a piece of artwork. Don't you think it just depends if the person may prefer a softer look? I have been practicing just using a slightly darker shade of the colour I am using and it seems fine.

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
colour lining ink

Thanks for the replies, a friend of mine emailed me last night and he put me on to new image (www.tattookit.co.uk) they do 18 different colours of outline ink, it works out about *£7 for 30ml bottle with vat and post. I posted this thread because I have seen a few tattoos done where the artist has used colouring ink for lining and it has bled out into the skin, making the outline look about twice the thickness it should be and faded in colour, maybe they used cheep ink and with a good quality ink you will get a better result, this is why before doing the tattoo, I wanted peoples advice.

Thanks
Tony