Could I Still Be..

angief

Basic
First Name
Angela
a tattooist if I'm crap at freehand drawing?

I have never been a great drawer but I want to tattoo. Is it possible or should I just get a grip and face reality??

Ang

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
a tattooist if I'm crap at freehand drawing?

I have never been a great drawer but I want to tattoo. Is it possible or should I just get a grip and face reality??

Ang
hi angela the simple anser is to improve your drawing skills take an eveing coarse or something ;) every1 can learn to draw but it takes time and patience and quite simply lots of practice but deffinatly achevable ;) even if you start by posting up your drawing pics and jus getting advice on how to improve your drawing :thumbsup:

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
have a go

Hi Ang, some tattoo artist will tell you, you are wasting your time and some will say you don't need to be a great artist to be a tattooist, but it does help, it will be to your advantage to take lessons in art and practise your drawing as much as possible, there is a lot of free lessons on the internet and I saw a book on amazon a few weeks ago called how to draw anything, you can buy a starter kit for about *£40 from Ebay and get practising on pig skin or practise skin, the kits are certainly not the best out there but in your position you really don't want to spend a lot of cash on something that may not be for you, if you look back at some of the threads on this forum you will see how some of the people on this forum have improved by posting their work and getting feed back from others, if you don't try you will never know, good luck.

regards
Tony

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Many tattooists just use stencils so you may be able to get away with it. It's shading and putting in light and dark and creating form where you may struggle - but as the others have said, give it a go - you may take to it no prob! What do you have to lose?

angief

Basic
First Name
Angela
Thanks folks I am looking into evening courses in my area and I have found a learn to draw book my daughter got one xmas.

I will have a look at the starter kits on ebay too.

Thanks again :)