Cover Up Help Pls

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
I really would like to have this covered up. Ive had it going on 2 decades and I hate. I really need help finding a design that will cover it.

shitatttoo.jpg

It on the inside of my calf. When you click the picture it is roughly the same size it is in real life.

Remove Ads

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Andy
As it looks faded the choice is yours, i would tattoo a chrysanthium and colour it in purples such as moms purple nurple and either violent violet or luscious lavender then perhaps tattoo a peoni next to it in lighter colours.

I covered a dodgy dragons head on my leg with a chrysanthium and coloured it orange/red with green leaves, covered no problem at all.

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
I was thinking a black/gray koi. With a bit of luck I might could pull it off.

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
This is what I was thinking.

IMG_0266.jpg

Whats your opinions on it?

My wife doesnt like it she says its not manly...

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
hi
i would make the koi as big as u can rather than try to "cover" somthing like that its better in my opinion to "diguise" or "loose" it to the eye by this i mean if you tryed to cover it with somthing a lil bit biger then wah you got u wont do it its to black an bold , if you put a much biger peise to go over it its not so drawing to the eye, i think i koi would work for this if it was big enuff, you could do a part scaled part smooth patch koi look at real life pics of kois as refrense (i not expect to you pull off realism standard tattoo dont worry lol) but you will know what i meen by that, i can see a cool koi with a nice big orange an black patch with a lil (dunno wah word it is think its were you kinda put a few scales in to show its scaled,but not scale the full fish) it would need to b big tho to pull it off but not a difficult 1 i dont think, if you take your time ;) think the whole thing thru start to finnish, wah needles wah kinda tech u think u mite need to do to achive somthing perticular part get yaself some grease proof paper about 55p a roll, its almost see thru get a kinda ruff trace of wah u have the now and and sum quick refrence lines to the sive you leg and lay another sheet over it and play round with the design wen you have your design ready but not sure how? or were to start post the pic up and ask about it ;) im sure youl get the full wah size needle prob b best for each job youl need to do on it but please also do this on pig 1st if you kinda new to the game ;) and highly recomend either correctlly sterilizing(full prosess even on piggy and have the correct eqwipment) otherwise only fully packaged dipposable setup, anything other isnt exeptable even at the "start" of your journey ;) please do tattoo if you love it dont stop ! just please make sure you do it correct right from the start you dont want to pick up bad habbits (we all creature of habits lol ;) ) ina freindly way there no excuse for cutting corners wen it comes to the potential risks the only way is fully disposable or a autoclave"+" the correct prcedure to "sterilize" an autoclave alon donot make something clean and sterile ;) hope this help dude ;) omg jus looked the preveiw to this sorry abou the huge post lol

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
hi
i would make the koi as big as u can rather than try to "cover" somthing like that its better in my opinion to "diguise" or "loose" it to the eye by this i mean if you tryed to cover it with somthing a lil bit biger then wah you got u wont do it its to black an bold , if you put a much biger peise to go over it its not so drawing to the eye, i think i koi would work for this if it was big enuff, you could do a part scaled part smooth patch koi look at real life pics of kois as refrense (i not expect to you pull off realism standard tattoo dont worry lol) but you will know what i meen by that, i can see a cool koi with a nice big orange an black patch with a lil (dunno wah word it is think its were you kinda put a few scales in to show its scaled,but not scale the full fish) it would need to b big tho to pull it off but not a difficult 1 i dont think, if you take your time ;) think the whole thing thru start to finnish, wah needles wah kinda tech u think u mite need to do to achive somthing perticular part get yaself some grease proof paper about 55p a roll, its almost see thru get a kinda ruff trace of wah u have the now and and sum quick refrence lines to the sive you leg and lay another sheet over it and play round with the design wen you have your design ready but not sure how? or were to start post the pic up and ask about it ;) im sure youl get the full wah size needle prob b best for each job youl need to do on it but please also do this on pig 1st if you kinda new to the game ;) and highly recomend either correctlly sterilizing(full prosess even on piggy and have the correct eqwipment) otherwise only fully packaged dipposable setup, anything other isnt exeptable even at the "start" of your journey ;) please do tattoo if you love it dont stop ! just please make sure you do it correct right from the start you dont want to pick up bad habbits (we all creature of habits lol ;) ) ina freindly way there no excuse for cutting corners wen it comes to the potential risks the only way is fully disposable or a autoclave"+" the correct prcedure to "sterilize" an autoclave alon donot make something clean and sterile ;) hope this help dude ;) omg jus looked the preveiw to this sorry abou the huge post lol

Oh I know what you are saying, I can see it in my mind. The black/orange patches would work good. And Im going to draw it at least 50% bigger.

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Hi,

the koi will work well as a cover up as JB says - but def go bigger.

A panther or a grim reaper are also good cover up ideas - plenty of black/grey...

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
I would prefer not to go too big. With that being said, would a panther or reaper be better?

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Hi Bob

If you really can't make it bigger then I would probably avoid the Koi as it will still show through being this small. I have seen three cover ups this past week and because they were too small (just a bit bigger than the original) they are still quite visable. A black panther head, reaper or similar will easily sort these jobs out as they are only small cover ups, and I would do the same if I was in your situation. Look back through some of the recent posts and you will find some examples of good cover up tattoos. I had a tribal to cover up a few months and tried a Koi but because I couldn't get it big enough I will probably end up some how incorporating it into a half sleeve. I drew the koi over the tribal first and coloured it in with black pen to see if it would work, but it didn't work out hence the half sleeve. Maybe you could try this to get an idea of how it will look? Hope this helps and good luck.

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
I went with a Reaper. Its mostly a black silhouette, but Im going to put some shading some places.

Coloring it in has been a nightmare so far. Ink doesnt want to stay in so Im overworking it. :icon_sad: And the needle catches some times.

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Andy
If the needle is catching it is probably hanging out of the tip too much or hand speed or a combination of both and if ink isnt going in it could be how the machine is set up, also worth mentioning, if you are tattooing a large area of black, have a few pots of black ink ready as one single pot could get diluted with blood.

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
Its done. :)

Thanks everyone for your input.

It was far harder than I thought and the "dragon" is still noticable. Should I go over it after its healed?

And Im glad I didnt go with the koi...it was way out of my league. :icon_redface:

Anyways, heres the pics. All feedback is welcome.
IMG_0278.jpg IMG_0279.jpg IMG_0280.jpg

Wow that "dragon" was scared real bad...

Last edited:

oultimer

Premium
First Name
jim
If as you say you overworked it it will be almost certain that it will have to be gone over again as it will lose a lot of ink and heal with patches of colour missing due to scaring in these areas .Leave it for a few weeks after healing before you attempt this!!!

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
I overworked it bad. Its still hurting/hot. Lack of experience I guess.:icon_redface:

When I do the touchup whats a good way to avoid overworking it?