Cover Up Sleeve

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
tattoo pics 2287.jpg

Hi Everyone

This is work in progress on a cover up, The band and most of the tribal was done by someone else and also there was also a panther which is still visable behind the lower part of the tribal. He is coming tomorrow to have a koi done on the back of his arm with the head finishing just above the elbow. Eventually he wants a full sleeve all black and grey, but wants the upper arm completed first just in case he decides to just have half sleeve. Any advice & ideas will be much appreciated, I know it's short notice but if you get the chance please let me know what you think. Thanks Pat:1

Remove Ads

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Hi Pat,
the fresh ink looks way better than the old. Maybe a freshen up with more black will look a lot tidier? If he's 'man enough' maybe a few scattered flower heads in bright colour to tie in with the koi - colour would set it off better imo... will naturally take the eye away from the dark lines....?

LMR

Premium
First Name
Luke
hey mate did you free hand it? mybe get some "zuper black" from intenze inks the darkness mite really bring it out :thumbsup:.. looks good either way:p

j3rz3y1

Premium
Media
First Name
Frank
OK let me think

Ive seen Black an Gray KOI befor outline all except the waves , then thin the ink down an start shading . then Picture in your mind how you want the water an shade it in ,That way the water doesn't take away from the Koi . use 2 or more shades of black ,thats what i remember good luck an take your time if you want the full sleeve :thumbsup: Ed :cool:

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
tattoo pics 2296.jpg
Hi Everyone

This is a Koi that I did yesterday, use 7rl & 9rs, only did some light shading, as he's not sure whether to have all the scales done in black or some colour. Next time I will finish it off when he's 100% sure, this is a work in progress sleeve and next will be some flowers to start tying it together. Any other ideas please let me know.
Thanks

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
tattoo pics 2299.jpg

Hi Me Again

This is on the same guys other arm and he wants me to do something to improve it. The Tatt was done by a "Pro" about 20 years ago, but looks a bit weired so any suggestions? All I can think of at the moment is a pair of Victoria Beckham sun glasses!

j3rz3y1

Premium
Media
First Name
Frank
The eye

what is supposed to be over the eye gots me confused :cheesy: Ed :cool:

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
View attachment 1220

Hi Me Again

This is on the same guys other arm and he wants me to do something to improve it. The Tatt was done by a "Pro" about 20 years ago, but looks a bit weired so any suggestions? All I can think of at the moment is a pair of Victoria Beckham sun glasses!

Hi Pat,

Koi's looking good - you could maybe extend the waves out a bit more n personally I think colour's the way to go - but that's just cos I Loooovvvve bright colour! LOL - def think tying in with few flowers will bring it all together into a real nice piece.:thumbsup:

Re the face...???... it's a lovely shape n outline - but what's that red under eye? Is it meant to be a bruise?? My suggestion for this one is some grey shading to give it nice form - just taking the dark from the outer edge - as if light full on the face - if you know what I mean? Then few bright col highlights - like brighten the blue eyes - red lips - coloured hair band? Anyhoo - that's my suggestion - am sure you'll get many others to ponder over - good luck with it;)

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Thanks everyone for your comments. I have no idea what that spot beneath her eye is supposed to be, but he wants it covered up somehow, thats why I thought about some big sunglasses. It looks weired and the guy had it done so long ago he can't remember what it is himself.:confused: I think I wiil try the shading option first then maybe some glasses so that they are a bit see through and hopefully it will hide most of that thing under the eye. Whatever I will post the pic for you all to see. I think anything has to be an improvement.

j3rz3y1

Premium
Media
First Name
Frank
I know from your work ive seen so far you will work the eye out ,put your imagenation to work:clap: Ed :cool:

InkDrop

Premium
First Name
Brandon
I may be too late, You never posted another picture of the girl, so I don't know if you touched it up yet. It is an Indian girl. I have seen a few almost just like it over the years. The piece below her eye is a butterfly wing. I can't tell you what the meaning of it is though because with Indian face paint the colors usually give off the meaning. Red usually signifies war or death, while black usually signifies peace or living. So, in this particular case, they are two contradicting colors. Probably had no meaning at all, just the "white man's" depiction of an indian...lol.

As far as the tattoo goes, I would Darken up the hair and shade the face to give it some definition. Maybe throw some light color highlights in the hair to make it look like the light is hitting it. Maybe add some more face paint to make her look more indian. You could always try to turn it into Gene Simmons from KISS.....ha ha