Covering Black Ink??..

Titan-Ink

Titan-Ink
Premium
First Name
Steve Morris
Hi all,
Just wondering if its possible to work and possibly re work black ink back to a skin tone? or is this impossible

Thanks in advance
Steve

Remove Ads

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Impossible...if you want to get rid of black,it has to be laser-ed.

akka

Premium
First Name
Ben
not sure on covering it but i have had limited success with lightening small areas of it whith white to make it fit the coverup design if u understand what i mean

akka

Premium
First Name
Ben
mark you proberbly know what im on about could you explain it a bit better mate?
cheers

Titan-Ink

Titan-Ink
Premium
First Name
Steve Morris
Thought so, i have a lad who tells me it can be done and yes he wants me to do it. I think i will leave this one for someone else to tattoo ;)

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Hi Steve,
It depends on a few factors, how old the original tat is, how dark & intense it is? Eg. Can't cover a big tribal - but if it was fairly small and not solid black you may be able to work it with some real good quality ink. Intenze opaque White is excellent - but if say he wants a portrait over an old tribal..... Forget it!

malagaspike

Premium
First Name
Nigel
I agree with Dawn, I not so long back did a portait and it was a bit dark but with my Intenze white i brought it back to life good ink like Intenze does make a huge difference , take your time and dont be tempted to overwork the area.

j3rz3y1

Premium
Media
First Name
Frank
I have seen a few cover ups but it takes a little time when you use the white you have to let it heal to see what you have to work with it may take a few covers to get to some point you need :icon_lol: :icon_lol: Ed :icon_cool:

Megzilla

Basic
First Name
David
It can be done, even over a medium sized tribal, but probably left to the more experienced. I had a tribal piece that was still really dark, and its now covered with a 3/4 Koi sleeve, and you can't see the original piece at all.
probably one of the many things that comes with experience.

Dane_stone

Premium
First Name
Dean barton
Hi a friend has a big solid black square on his arm. Would it be possible to put a pattern in side the square over the black Inc? He doesn't care what colour he just wants the black square looking nicer.

Chops

Premium
First Name
Steve
If it's over-worked there is very little success. If its well healed you might be able to lighten it enough to be fairly noticeable but it's is difficult and takes time.

Craig'O

Basic
Right Now... Somewhere Near Manchester??!!
First Name
Craig Beauclerr
hi just read this post and thought i would add my 10pence worth,

unless he is willing to pay for laser treatment then all other methods will take a considerable ammount of time and maybe even serious scaring.

a method that has been around for years and is frowned upon since the introduction of laser and cream treatments is water tattooing, the general idea being that you work the area with distilled water, each time you will have to allow for healing so you can go go again which could take weeks depending on the persons body.

The water works into the pigment and breaks them up drawing them back through the skin, after each session you should use vaseline, or germoline basically any sort of bacteria drawing cream as these will also help pull the ink pigments from the skin and should be applied imediatly afterwards and for the following 48/72hrs after.

there have been cases where the tattoo has been completley removed leaving only slight discolouration to the skin suitable for a new design where light colours can be used,

It is noted however that you should use large shading needles to do this and to not overwork it as you do not want to scar the skin, each session should be just enough so as it can easily grow a fresh new layer.

itshurts

Basic
First Name
alex
hi all
black to cover over will be the hardest colour to do.
white will lighten the black , few sessions of white, depending how black the black is should grey it up to then cover, 4 to 8 sessions over a period of 2 years
need a good time to recover from each session of white.if they do not want to wait this long then all they will get is another tattoo that will need covering again .or another mess.pizza lookalike .
the ruby laser need a serious reviewing of what it does to the body,
i would in fairness give it a miss , can check out on the net what happens to the ink when broke down in the body , has to go somewhere in the body and store .
itshurts:icon_biggrin: