Cross/Ribbon/Names

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
Thanks.

Im not happy about the names, but overall I like it.

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
Hey, can anyone give me tips on how to improve this?

Im not satisfied with the names and it looks boring in my opinion.

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
when doing any names,just print the names from a pc,in a nice script,then just trace them out.

beppe

Premium
First Name
angelito
you could try going in with a smaller liner and add some flourishes to the letters to give it more of a copperplate kind of look? I struggle with fine lettering and have to draw it about 3-4 times before I'm happy then I stencil it, then I check the spelling about 50 times, but I'm petrified that one day I'm going to spell something wrong!

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
What about the cross/ribbon? Maybe a touch of color/shade?

The reason I want to make it look better is because its on the inside of my forearm so its very visible.

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
how about doing some Celtic knot work in the cross ?

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
how about doing some Celtic knot work in the cross ?
Ok, thats what Im gonna do, but not a complex celtic knot.

Since Im tattooing my own arm any tips on stretching the skin? I couldnt get a good stretch and thats why the lettering didnt turn out good.

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
just get a mate to stretch for you...make sure he/she wares gloves.

lc9870

Premium
First Name
leon cowen
Ok, thats what Im gonna do, but not a complex celtic knot.

Since Im tattooing my own arm any tips on stretching the skin? I couldnt get a good stretch and thats why the lettering didnt turn out good.
try holding your arm between your legs and stretching with your legs not easy but it works

ReZ

Basic
First Name
Bob
looking good bro :icon_cool:
weirdest looking Celtic knot/s ive ever seen lol

mikefuup

mikeFUup
Premium
First Name
mike
looking good man, i thought about maybe duct tape to hold the skin, or something like strong chip clips to pinch it, some day i will tattoo the few remaing places on my left arm, so if ya find some thing good to stretch it lemme know

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
looking good man, i thought about maybe duct tape to hold the skin, or something like strong chip clips to pinch it, some day i will tattoo the few remaing places on my left arm, so if ya find some thing good to stretch it lemme know
If I knew a good way my entire left arm would be covered. I have a piece on my upper arm that I got over a decade ago that Im dying to redo but cant since I cant stretch it.

Also, is it odd for this cross to be healed already? I just washed it using my fingertips and a bit of hard pressure and 90% of the scabs came off with no ink loss.....weird......

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
I did this with the Kuro Sumi ink that I had previous problems with. If you know what Im talking about, it looks dry/cracked just like the tribal I used it on.

Heres a pic, its not fully healed but damn close to it fukkuro.jpg

Seems like the ink is fake, I bought it from PiercingPros Kuro Sumi Black Outlining 6oz. so beware.

I just threw the shit in the trash...waste of $25.

Last edited: