Curve practice......

Fozz

Premium
Media
First Name
Michael
This is my effort in practising curves..... Had a couple of hours to burn whilst waiting for my new fridge/freezer to be delivered.....

The font is my own, tried a sharpie but wouldn't take to the skin for some reason, so I stencilled it on.....

I really haven't done it justice at all, loads of wobbles. Some of it I've managed to fix whilst shading, though it makes some letters look thicker than others..... Most of the mistakes are fairly obvious so I guess it's practice, practice, practice.......

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
Looks pretty good, at least your lettering is nice! I cant letter worth a damn! I definatley need to work on that!!!!

steveo9441

Premium
First Name
Steve
Tell you what Michael from what i have seen lately here in Wigan, Tattoo's line work i.e. names etc, yours is a good attempt, seen some meant to be so called top studio's but the work is absolutely rubbish.
Carry on there ... it's looking tops on ... nice stuff, i like ;)

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Well done Michael, that's not bad at all. As you rightly say yourself keep practicing. Over half the tattoos I have done contain some lettering whether it be initials, names or quotations. If you get to grips with lettering you will find all line work easier because maybe without realising it you are practicing straight & curved lines, which is usually the basis for most tattoos. Try different fonts and sizes especially very small letters like the type some people have on their fingers. I practiced the Lords Prayer on pig skin in quite small script lettering because somebody wanted it tattooed on their upper arm. They later changed their mind but it was good practice anyway. :icon_biggrin: