Diluting Green Soap....

Chamberzezz

Premium
First Name
Ailin
Hi everyone,

This is my first (I'm sure of many) post so I hope this is in the right section.

Anyway, I got some green soap to wash down the tattoo area and again used it to clean the tattoo when done. It seemed a bit full on and it dawned on me whether it was meant to be diluted or not. I've not read or seen anywhere that says to do so, but the more I think about it the more Im thinking I should.
But, if that is the case I wouldn't know how much of it to dilute, at the fear of watering it down too much and totally taking away its purpose. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Remove Ads

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
you can dilute with water - or add alcohol - depending on what you are using it for - the concentration will determine the mix - which should be on the bottle?
Mine is 1/10...

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Hi Ailin,
The green soap should be mixed with just water for washing tattoo's down,the ratio for mixing is 8 parts water,to 1 part green soap.......hope this helps,& welcome to the site........:icon_wink:

Chamberzezz

Premium
First Name
Ailin
Thanks. I'll have a look on the bottle. But I'm sure I've had a look before and couldn't find anything.

Thanks again...

Last edited:

RTats

RTats
Premium
First Name
Rob
Yep I dilute also roughly 1 to 10 or so but some artists just use water too or Dr Bronners (which I now use mostly)...

Also boiling tap water or using distilled water might be a little safer than straight tap water - if not already doing so.

Chamberzezz

Premium
First Name
Ailin
I got some distilled water for when I did a gray wash, so I can use that. Got plenty of it...

itshurts

Basic
First Name
alex
hi
i use only distilled water in the studio for mixing any chemicals and soap mixs , its much safer than tap water, look up a tap from underneath and you will know where i am coming from . can buy a gallon in the local chemists .only buy well known brands of green soap .:icon_smile: