P Disposable tips

badpig

badpig
Premium
First Name
mark
Hi there, I'm a total novice with a couple of questions which are probably very basic. The first is with disposable tips, I find that if the machine frame isnt resting on my hand then the flex in the tip seems to lessen the stroke and running of the machine and the needle doesnt come out as far as when i just press the armature bar down. This makes it really hard to make a clean outline as I cant handle the machine with any dexterity, when I've checked professional tattoists they seem to be able to hold the machine like a pen. I've tried adjusting the voltage but it doesnt seem to make any difference.
The other question is about practice skins, I find it really hard to get rid of the stencil after outlining and Im having real trouble getting rid of excess ink without using tons of vasaline and green soap, any suggestions would be really helpful.
Cheers
Mark

Rondog

Premium
First Name
Ronnie
Hi

dont know what disposables your useing but i get mine from island tattoo i dont have any problems with them. As for holding it like a pen you need to strengthen your wrist up to hold your machine. i use a powerball every day and it works a treat to strengthen your muscles

practice skin is a pain to try and keep clean have you tried using vasoline like on real skin, i prefer pig skin which i get from morrisons supermarket and its a lot cheaper as well

Cheers
Ron

j3rz3y1

Premium
Media
First Name
Frank
Worldwide tattoo supply sells some nice tips but i have no idea what it would cost for shipping for you .go to there site an check them out is all i can suggest for you . :banghead: