Disposable Tube and Needle Combo S

gearhead91

Premium
First Name
Michael
So are all disposable tube and needle combos created equal? the reason i ask is most of them i look at are about the same price but there are a few that are cheaper, is this one of those times you get what you pay for or do you mostly pay for the name on something? i was looking in to ordering these from ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-lot-Disposable-TATTOO-Needles-w-grip-tubes-tips-combo-USA-supply-Fast-Ship-/220841701138?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336b30ef12#ht_914wt_952

anyone every use these? would you suggest something else, id like to order from places in the states b/c im not real sure how customs and import "things" go into effect when ordering from another country so id like to just keep it simple, thanks in advance for replies.

Remove Ads

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Andy
I buy mine separate the reason been is the same tube can be used for a liner or shader needle grouping (as long as the grouping is round of course) thus reducing the amount of tubes and needles you will need and the risk of them going out of date.

When I buy a disposable tube I pick one with the thinnest end I can find particular for lining so I can see where I am going, cheap poor fitting tube ends will cause ink splatter, have sharp shards of plastic hanging off the tip and obscure the line you are tattooing, I favour a diamond tip for lining personally.

These are the tubes I use now, nothing else. http://www.powerlinesupplies.co.uk/sterile_disposable_black_tattoo_tubes.asp

They are probably readilly available in the states.

ZombieInk

Premium
First Name
Barry
I like the needle tube combo. Though only the black silicone ones..I don't care for the white ones...because they are hard plastic..and it can get annoying using the white ones for a long sitting. As of right now though i am using separate needle/ one piece disposable stem tube and a aluminum grip. I buy my combo stuff from ebay from a tattoo supplier called.."tattoo parts" and also from a site called www.needlesupply.com So far I can not complain with these two places. Shipping is great. alsoooo with ebay...i stay away from china needles...anything that is dirt cheap on ebay is usually junk...I bought a pack of needles once on ebay through a china seller and the needles that i got, half were expired and the other half were dull as hell. so yeah...all in all i would suggest the needle black tube grip combo.

Chops

Premium
First Name
Steve
I get them separately too, sometimes the combos can get screwed up (liners in round tips and shaders in diamond tips etc.). The rubber gripped ones are better on my hand than the hard plastic grips too. I get mine from eBay and generally go for the cheapest ones in the style I want. I've never had much of a problem, some fit a little snug into the machine, but I've never had one split or anything like that.

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
I agree with andy powerline are good, and they send you a free catalogue of all there gear.
Another one ive used is shorhamred not sure if anyone else used them,but they seem ok to me.

stealth

Premium
First Name
rob
Disposable tubes are the "way forward", just shop about (on-line) & you will find a bargain !!

Spiral

Premium
First Name
martin
use a reputable supplier (powerline, barber dts, thetattooshop) you get what you pay for, cheap needles will only give you problems, been there done that and regreted it.i also buy seperate

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
use a reputable supplier (powerline, barber dts, thetattooshop) you get what you pay for, cheap needles will only give you problems, been there done that and regreted it.i also buy seperate
Agreed. I used to buy from China, and to be honest, quite a few people seemed to squirm a bit. I changed the needle to one from Barber Dts, and they said it was 100x better, so not i just buy everything from Barber, as its Free delivery on everything at the minute. 10p each extra is nothing if its decent stuff.