Dogs Paw Tat

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
Anyone done a tattoo of a dogs foot print, was wondering whats best needle to use for a small size dog, i was thinking of a 7r ? What would you use

skinpix

Premium
First Name
Mark
Hey Tony,
I did a paw print on a mate, I used a 5rl & did the fill with a 7mag...he wanted it real dark, that's why i lined it first,but if you want a realistic paw print,don't line it,put the transfer on & just fill with shade,darker in the centre & fade out to the edges....hope this helps :icon_wink:

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
Cheers mark, think she wants it dark as well, she wants it on her feet, one print on each foot, you ever done feet? . Bet it will hurt lol

I did a scan of the dogs paws was the easy option, its a yorkie dog so prints not that big, would you still use a 7 flat for this size?

Last edited:

skinpix

Premium
First Name
Mark
Cheers mark, think she wants it dark as well, she wants it on her feet, one print on each foot, you ever done feet? . Bet it will hurt lol

I did a scan of the dogs paws was the easy option, its a yorkie dog so prints not that big, would you still use a 7 flat for this size?

Hey Tony,
yeah,i have done feet,stings a bit.....just use whatever needles you feel comfy with mate.....just remember,you wouldn't paint a ceiling with a one inch brush !!!!,
if you want soft shade,use mags...if you want a solid fill & are used to using rounds then use rounds,its what ever you feel comfy with.....:icon_wink:

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
Hey Tony,
I did a paw print on a mate, I used a 5rl & did the fill with a 7mag...he wanted it real dark, that's why i lined it first,but if you want a realistic paw print,don't line it,put the transfer on & just fill with shade,darker in the centre & fade out to the edges....hope this helps :icon_wink:

Hi mate,
ive got 7 flat needles but never used one yet,but i know what you mean, just thinking how thin feet skin is.

Tony