Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.
Register Log in
  • The latest tattoo drawing contest is now open for entries.
    Enter now to win your trophy. Read more

dragging or jumping

Thread starter #1
Ive noticed when i start tattooing on pig,my needle somtimes gets caught in the skin.Then it drags or jumps if you know what i mean.Any advice anyone.Its only happend a couple of times but if i was doing the tatt,on someones arm i think this would hurt and ruin the tattoo.is my gun slow,needle to far out ect.thanks steve.

First Name
Kevin
sounds like it could be that your needle isnt set correctly.
When the needle is out, it should be roughly 2mm showing if you are using the "ride the tube" method.

BUT
When the needle is in the "Up", or in the tube it shouldn't be sticking out. Or if it does, you should JUST be able to feel it with your finger.
If not, its probably just machine setup or speed.:confused:

Thread starter #3
Starbuck42 said:
sounds like it could be that your needle isnt set correctly.
When the needle is out, it should be roughly 2mm showing if you are using the "ride the tube" method.

BUT
When the needle is in the "Up", or in the tube it shouldn't be sticking out. Or if it does, you should JUST be able to feel it with your finger.
If not, its probably just machine setup or speed.:confused:
what is the volts the transformer runs at.Ive been setting it at 750 on the ditgital reading.My transfomer runs 155-1010,am i setting it right the needle i have been setting as you said.And im using 3s,is it better to use 5s.THANKS STEVE.

Deziner

The Bitch!
Premium
First Name
Claire
When you say you are using a 3S, what do you mean? A 3RS is a shading needle. I would suggest if using pig skin, you get something like a 7RL (Round Liner) to outline with. Even a 5RL.

You must stretch the skin quite alot, because when i tattoo it, the needle bounces from it like hell! :(

Thread starter #5
deziner

Deziner said:
When you say you are using a 3S, what do you mean? A 3RS is a shading needle. I would suggest if using pig skin, you get something like a 7RL (Round Liner) to outline with. Even a 5RL.

You must stretch the skin quite alot, because when i tattoo it, the needle bounces from it like hell! :(
Soz i meant 3rl and would it be good for me to use 5rl to start with.Thanks for that.

3RL is very rarely used. Unless doing very fine work.
A 5RL would still be for delicate work, and you will notice very shakey lines. I now use a 7RL for most work, and its great. It hides some bad lines quite a bit.

Looking at your username not being "Green" i take it you haven't bought the course?

You should get it, it really is great reading. I have come a long long way! :p

Thread starter #7
CHEERS for all the info will start using 7rl when my new transformer gets here.I have lots of books etc videos as well,But thanks,Thanks for saying im green.I will post some pics when i get my ginny pig (lol).