Dragon - Round 2! - Grey Shade

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Here's the Dragon after round 2!

was far easier to work on with 13 mag & 11 rs!

Wants a colour 'wash' over the top to finish and vibrant colour in the head - we started colour on Sat - as he thought he could take it - but skin was just too tender and I felt it would damage the skin so advised we left it there. Will hopefully finish over easter hols - dependent upon how his skin heals in next 2/3 weeks. Comments welcome...

Dragon head as far round 2.jpg dragon shaded 3.jpg

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
well check u go dawn arent you clever :kiss: this is waht ya 2nd tattoo!!!! yull b knocking out high quality portraits by ya 5th tatoo gwaaaan dawn :clap:

malagaspike

Premium
First Name
Nigel
Awsome Dawn , great work and i love the dragon stencil where did you get it ? your confidence must be growing now surely.

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Hi Dawn,
excellent work young lady:clap:......only one piece of advice...let the tat heal completely before starting the next session,unless you are gonna work on a different area.

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Thanks everyone - really enjoyed doing it - and yes, fully intend to wait until it's healed before we go the last stage! I know he wanted it done, but it's a big piece and I don't want to spoil it!

re the stencil - it's my own - kind of.... Just found few images and took from them what he wanted! A traditional 'english' style dragon as in George n dragon - had to have wings - not too high on the neck as he's a school teacher and wanted it going over shoulder with tail through existing tat - so not much to go on really lol!!!

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Hi Dawn

Really like this one especially where it;s placed, must have been a bit tricky to do.
Looking forward to seeing the end product. :thumbsup:

Remove Ads

j3rz3y1

Premium
Media
First Name
Frank
You have outdone yourself Dawn

Now thats the kinda work I want done if we ever meet I like dragons with wings. I give it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: two thumbs up Ed :cool:

Sl1pperyweasel

Get more ink..
Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Graham
Excellent work Dawn, good job.
Now a stupid question... The fact its brown looking is that grey wash healing/ healed or is it actually a brown tint ink?

Graham

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Excellent work Dawn, good job.
Now a stupid question... The fact its brown looking is that grey wash healing/ healed or is it actually a brown tint ink?

Graham

Hi Graham,

thanks for the positive comments :kiss:

I used Kuro Sumi mid grey wash - it will heal more a soft grey shade - but looks reddish brown when working with it - obviously just the skin after the mag's been over it a couple of times! They do a red tone and a brown tone also in their washes if you like a different shade - and good value (I think) *£15 for a decent size bottle. I still watered it down tho with distilled water n worked 3 diff shades - cos it goes in quite dark if you don't thin it a bit:)

akka

Premium
First Name
Ben
awesome work Dawn :thumbsup: keep up the good work love it:clap:

Sl1pperyweasel

Get more ink..
Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Graham
OK would explain it. Personally I prefer Black & shade tats & is something I want to practice at a lot more, so will be good to see how that ink looks healed

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
Here's the Dragon after round 2!

was far easier to work on with 13 mag & 11 rs!

Wants a colour 'wash' over the top to finish and vibrant colour in the head - we started colour on Sat - as he thought he could take it - but skin was just too tender and I felt it would damage the skin so advised we left it there. Will hopefully finish over easter hols - dependent upon how his skin heals in next 2/3 weeks. Comments welcome...

View attachment 1230 View attachment 1231

hi dawn was just lookin bk over this ;) dont worry still think its awsome :thumbsup: was looking and thinking :cry: lol the head.. i think by "rendering" another layer of grey over it will make it look (put in some darker tones up to the black lines )"realistic" and will really make it "pop" along with the same method by maybe "washing" the the blue back to so you get into jus real slight tints of blue ;) ( if you really wash the ink back try add a little glyserin to the ink to thicken it up ;) if u like a slighty thicker pgment ) and the body and tail could try the same thing ;) i think itl unlock its true potential :thumbsup:

ohhh and dont forget my fav part putting in nice white highlights at the end ;) and lil tip for this is to use a fresh needle and plastic tip tube ;) ooh or you could try thinning back the blue alot so u got a light tint and put a few drops into a cap of white ;) just experiment in general i guess theres no rules :thumbsup::cool: