Everyone Should Read This!!!!

Chops

Premium
First Name
Steve
Whoa! Hard to feel sorry for someone tattooing minors and spreading infection but it's interesting to note it comes under assault

khosmy

Premium
Media
First Name
Edgar Valerio
Tattooing minors? People should know better already...

Infections?? Really?? With all the information out there, available to anyone by simpling doing some research, there really is no excuse for that.

This is the kind of home tattooist that gives all a bad rep, and i am honestly not sorry for him, only for the people he did is work on.

msrsimpkin

Premium
First Name
Rachael
I'll be honest, it serves him right for tattooing minors. And with unsterile equipment! I know it's been said, but it's people like this that give all self-taught or unregistered tattoo artists a bad name. It's not hard to do some research and make sure you're tattooing safely and cleanly.

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
Tattooing minors? People should know better already...

Infections?? Really?? With all the information out there, available to anyone by simpling doing some research, there really is no excuse for that.

This is the kind of home tattooist that gives all a bad rep, and i am honestly not sorry for him, only for the people he did is work on.
Tattooing mirons is really ****ed up and he deserves to be punished for that.

But because of infection?

The only tattoo I ever had get infected was done by me and on me. I know everything was 100% sterile and done right. Sometimes shit just happens during the after care/healing process.

Tarantula

Premium
First Name
Jais
I had my first tattoo when I was 13, I also did my first tattoo around the same time with needle and cotton method. At the end of the day minors that want to get tattooed will get tattooed one way or another. 16 or 17 year olds aren,t really that minor, they're old enough to sleep around and get HIV, Clap, Hep etc. In a lot of cases infection is down to the "customer" not taking proper care of their "wound".

This whole thing is a blown way out of proportion "Tattooing minors..." it's not like their giving 4 yr olds sleeves is it?

In the UK you can have sex at 16, in the states its 18 I believe? Some places its legal to get tattooed at 16 others its not the case. In Holland you can buy hash at a CafÃÂ*©, in the UK you'd get busted for it and in the US you're lucky to even be able to buy cigarette papers...

Most people on here are breaking the law by tattooing from home, whether we agree with the law or not, my first "professional" tattoo done in a shop was when I was 15, I lied about my age, I looked old enough... Pub landlords get fined because most of us went into pubs and got drunk underage.

My point here is that the guy who did the tattoo may not have known the kids were under age,they may have looked old enough, the parents may have given consent (how many 13 year old girls are walking about with pierced navals because parents concented?). The infection may have been due to the kids not taking care of their tattoos. There are a lot of unknown factors here, now one kitchen magician has been charged with assault how long before it's one of you?
Get disclaimer forms, they might not stand up in court as you're tattooing from home but atleast you'll have made an effort to stop this happening to you.

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
I have been saying this for months, tattooing from home is illegal if you are not registered but people didn't want to believe it, they keep saying things like it,s ok as long as you don,t charge money for the tattoo, which is rubbish, it is simply the fact that that property has not been inspected and there is no registration, I totally agree with what you are saying.

petrolhead19

Basic
First Name
adam
This is why i stopped tattoo'ing other people and started only tattoo'ing myself.
I would rather wait and keep practicing on myself untill i am registered than have something like this happen.

inkstar

Premium
First Name
OG
i think were lucky here in new zealand there are no law's for tattooing or opening up a shop here