Fail and Epic Win

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Tonight has been a funny one I got home to find my awesome new Micky Sharpz liner had arrived! For the win!!!!

For the fail, well I did a a4 sized Jesus with a sacred heart stencil, it looked sweeeeet! Used hectograph paper for the first time, that stuff works amazing, so much so it bled quite a bit and put down a really dark and thick and totally unusable stencil on my pig. I had no alcohol wipes and it wasnt coming off, so I did the outline anyway by got angry and chucked it all out as I couldn't see anything I'd done! Basically my pig was still too wet when I applied the stencil.

It went in the bin. Waste of a couple of hours although I got to use the new Micky Sharpz machine which worked really well!!

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
I think everyone on here can tell you some horror stories about pig skin and stencils. I have got to the stage in the past when i didnt touch any for months cos it pissed me off that much. I have just started doing them again!
Tip: Scrub it in boiling hot water and liquid soap, then as it cools it becomes sticky as hell. It is as good as dry at this stage (after dabbing it with the mrs's best tea towel.) :)
Now wack the stencil on, and rub over it a bit at a time with a ball of kitchen roll.

Chin up!

Another thing i find is to make your stencil with a sharpened pencil rather than a ball point pen and dont push on too much. Otherwise the stencil is really thick, and unlike skin, the pig skin doesnt allow the line to cover the thick stencil line, cos it is a bummer to get off afterwards.

Fozz

Premium
Media
First Name
Michael
I keep doing the same, tried tattooing for the first time a couple of nights ago and couldn't get the bloody stencils out of the skin afterwards. In the end I just chucked it in the bin. Did it again last night and the same thing happened. I even tried putting alcohol gel straight onto it and it just weren't for having it.......

Fortunately, I could still see where I'm going wrong. And I really need to slow down when lining.......

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
Thats great fozz, at lest you got something out of it, if the stencil goes wrong and you can't get it off just practise doing strait lines and circles or try some shading, it doesn't have to be a tattoo, it's all about practising and as I have said before the surface of the piggy just needs to be tacky, not wet, dettol works best for me.

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Ace! Thanks for the top tips. It was my first time using the hectograph paper and I wasn't expecting it to be as good as what it was, do it picked loads of ink up and because the skin was still a little wet it just bled. You could see what I'd tattooed and what I hadn't!
Many thanks for the tips, I'll definitely try this next time.

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
I find green soap works well on getting shot of stencil crap, i put stencil on add little vasaline, tattoo and clean it off with green soap, i use kuro sumi ink, could be diff on other inks