P Fake Hawk Needles

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
just lately I have seen a lot about the hawk spirit rotary tattoo machine and it has interested me, like every thing I buy I like to research it first and most things I have read about the hawk are very good except for the price of the needles, I read on here about a canadian company, they do the same needles for a much cheeper price and then I came across this as I was browsing.

I bought the new spirit hawk and it is great however, I really want to warn you about the FAKE T-TECH NEEDLES namely t-tech is a Chinese company that is portending to be Canadian and unlike originals none of their needles are sterilized, I guess you get what you pay for, personally I rather go with the original sterilized needles and pay a little extra than be sorry later.

Not everything on the internet is true but if you use a hawk machine just be a bit carful.

regards
Tony

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
cheers tone, stick with what you know, if it cost a little more its worth it.

just think some one out there is getting a tattoo with one off them eeeeeks

RTats

RTats
Premium
First Name
Rob
FAKE T-TECH NEEDLES namely t-tech is a Chinese company that is portending to be Canadian and unlike originals none of their needles are sterilized, I guess you get what you pay for,
Tony thanks for the heads up but I was just wondering where you are getting your information from? The reason I as is that their website definitely says they are blister packed and sterilized.

If they aren't sterilized then it would be interesting to know what the laws are in Canada for false advertising?

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
if you put www.mdtattoos.com in your browser and then the first link down should be Mike De Vries portrait tattoos, click on that and then go to forum at the top right, click on the first topic on the right cheyenne hawk it is about 7 or 8 replies down, like I have said not everything on the internet is correct but if I see information like this I feel I can at least worn as many people as I can and then it's up to them to make there own mind up.

regards
Tony

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
What a load of cobblers!!!

I have bought 2 large orders from t tech and can tell you they are most definitely in Canada! The guy who owns the co. Is a tattooist and has developed the cartridges as they are an improvement on the other brand. (in his opinion)! I have also used the own hawk brand and find that the bigger mags stick! Causing a non smooth operation! Last week I had a problem with a small hawk lining cartridge - and a *£2.50 a pop, not good! So am following this up with hawk!!

As for the other forum - like this one, it is based upon opinion, and not always reliable!!! I am using the Hawk Spirit every day now, and I find it absolutely excellent. The t tech products arrive in sterilised blister packs - and to date, my tattoos, and indeed my clients are responding in a very positive way!!!

It really annoys me when people have nothing better to do...........

Regards,

Dawn

RTats

RTats
Premium
First Name
Rob
if you put www.mdtattoos.com in your browser and then the first link down should be Mike De Vries portrait tattoos, click on that and then go to forum at the top right, click on the first topic on the right cheyenne hawk it is about 7 or 8 replies down, like I have said not everything on the internet is correct but if I see information like this I feel I can at least worn as many people as I can and then it's up to them to make there own mind up.

regards
Tony
Yeah Tony please dont feel I was criticizing you for providing the information - just wondering where it came from so I could do my due diligence as well. As you say there is a lot of hooha on the internet so it pays to check things out thoroughly before making any decisions. Thanks for supplying the link. I mention the false advertising is because I am awaiting orders, and if they have duped me, I will have no problem causing them problems. Of course I know others who recommend them so for me I have no choice but to see for myself now and do my research in the meantime.

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
I'm looking at the hawk myself and it's only the price of the needles that have stopped me from buying, so I'm looking for a cheaper outlet myself, if you find out they are the genuine item please let me know, the competition can only be a good thing.

regards
Tony

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
I decided to put fake cheyenne hawk tattoo needles into my browser to see what came up, this is a warning from the painful pleasures company.
WARNING 

The Company in Canada that is Selling KNOCK OFF HAWK NEEDLES, BUYER BEWARE. We tested the cartridges in germany cost us 5000 $. The result " t - tech cartridges are not sterile ". Next thing they are leaky. We will not give any services to machines are used with this fake off's anymore. 

THEY ARE VIOLATING PATENTS and BREAKING THE LAW. DO NOT SUPPORT THEM. 

To read this article on the painfullpleasures site, click on the link below
It may be worth contacting painful pleasures for more information if you have purchased needles from this Canadian company, just to make sure.

http://www.painfulpleasures.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=422

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
I have contacted t tech directly and provided these links. I await their comments and will let you know whatvthey have to say. I believe it is a case of trying to diss their product as it is half the price of hawk and obviously, those selling hawk will - understandably - not like the competition. It seems though, unlike in other professions, anything tattoo related is just so aggressive.....

Having used t tech, without any problems and no issues what so ever with clients complaining of infection, I suspect it's just a way of trying to put the company out of business.....

RTats

RTats
Premium
First Name
Rob
I have contacted t tech directly and provided these links. I await their comments and will let you know whatvthey have to say. I believe it is a case of trying to diss their product as it is half the price of hawk and obviously, those selling hawk will - understandably - not like the competition.
Excellent "Wild", look forward to hearing about the response you get. When my stock arrives I will also report back.

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Here is the full - un edited reply which I received from T Tech regarding my comments about their needle cartridges, and my questions regarding sterilisation process.

I guess at the end of the day, it is up to the individual to make their own decision regarding use of any product. My own extensive research showed me months ago that probably 95% of all tattoo needles we use now can be traced back to China - and this does not mean they are all bad! Like all manufacturing companies - there are good - there are bad. It is up to you to decide whether to spend your pennies on the Hawk needles - or any other.

Personally, I can recommend this product in terms of excellent customer service, excellent value for money, and excellent results regarding the many, many tattoos I have created using them. The rest is entirely up to you all. I simply recommended a product and a Company - which I had - and continue to use!!

Best regards,
Hi, Dawn,

We understand your concerns. We here at T-Tech take sterilizing very seriously. We believe any tattoo supplier who sells unsterilized needles would mean that they are sabotaging and destroying their own company. We are a new company and we want to continue building our company up. We want to become a well known company, and we will do everything it takes to achieve this goal. We are not just a reseller, we are able to control the production and product quality of our products much betters than resellers.

In the tattoo needles market, conventional needles are the most used needles. The cost of conventional needles is much lower than needle cartridges. In order for tattoo artist to accept needle cartridges T-Tech makes a low profit and low price policy.
Our low price policy might make The Cheyenne Hawk Company and their distributors unhappy because EZ Needle Cartridges are compatible with the Cheyenne Hawk machines.
T-tech EZ needle cartridges are not a copy of Cheyenne Hawk needle cartridges. It is a new Innovative Design. There are several technical features that Cheyenne Hawk needle cartridges do not have in comparison to T-Tech needles. We designed our EZ needle cartridges to be compatible with the Cheyenne Hawk machines for tattoo artists that want/need more options of needles.
T-tech tattoo device Inc is a legal Canadian Company, and we have always been a Canadian company. Cheyenne hawk company claims they have a patent in USA for their needle cartridges. We would like to resolve the patent dispute legally with the Cheyenne hawk company. In Canada, Europe and in other countries our needle cartridges do not have any patent infringement with the Cheyenne Hawk company.

Almost all premade tattoo needles and plastic tubes on the market around the world are made in China, the needles in Cheyenne hawk cartridges are made in China too. We have visited almost all tattoo needle manufactures in China, and we know the hygienic condition of these manufactures. We have not found any conventional tattoo needles manufactures more hygienic than our needle cartridge manufacture. T-tech guarantees hygienic tattooing. T-tech EZ needle cartridges are being EO sterilized. The cost of EO gas sterilizing is only about 2% of the cost of the needle. The cost of the packaging and sterilization packaging material is over 10 times the cost of the EO gas sterilizing. It would not make sense for us not to EO gas sterilize our needles.
These photos will let you know how we make our needles.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64835423@N03/?saved=1

Wild

13crows

Premium
First Name
neil
was wondering when this was going to come up lol have seen this convo on many forums and always gets interesting ....i use the hawk for everything and think its the nuts,,,as for the needles im not happy with there prices or the quality as been finding hooked needles mainly on the liners,,,so will be trying the t-tech ones soon just to see wot there like,,personaly i hope hawk read all these comments on the forums and learn from it ,,,and thanks toetoe62 for starting this thread and wild for the research :icon_biggrin:

mcowan226

Premium
First Name
michael
T-tech needles are sterizilized, no question about it. The issue here concerning sterilization is not in the needles themselves but in the fact that they do not contain the same barrier that hawk needles have, Ink can ride up up or splatter backwards similar to any standard needle and tube, For instance, look at the bottom of the armature bar on your most often used machine, I bet you'll be surprised how much ink ends up there. Therefore, if you use these needles in a hawk you will likely get ink inside your $150 grip, which can be a pain in the rear to clean. Also many Hawk users don't autoclave the grip after every tattoo as a barrier sleeve and Hawk needle generally keep the grip safe from harm, and over autoclaving can potentially damage it. The fantastic thin about T-tech is, for those who like quick change cartridges, you can purchase one of their grips and use it on any standard machine, allowing easier setup for complicated pieces. In short, the needles are sterile, but after the first use, your Hawk will not be.

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
T-tech needles are sterizilized, no question about it. The issue here concerning sterilization is not in the needles themselves but in the fact that they do not contain the same barrier that hawk needles have, Ink can ride up up or splatter backwards similar to any standard needle and tube, For instance, look at the bottom of the armature bar on your most often used machine, I bet you'll be surprised how much ink ends up there. Therefore, if you use these needles in a hawk you will likely get ink inside your $150 grip, which can be a pain in the rear to clean. Also many Hawk users don't autoclave the grip after every tattoo as a barrier sleeve and Hawk needle generally keep the grip safe from harm, and over autoclaving can potentially damage it. The fantastic thin about T-tech is, for those who like quick change cartridges, you can purchase one of their grips and use it on any standard machine, allowing easier setup for complicated pieces. In short, the needles are sterile, but after the first use, your Hawk will not be.
im confused a bit here:icon_confused:,,, i use coil setups ,ink on the underside of the ameture bar??? i cant even ever recall ever seeing any ink go above 3/4 the way up the grouping let alone the needle bar,,,,tbh in my opinion the law of physics apply here :icon_cheesygrin: lol the machine should never be below the needle tip alowing ink to run up towards the machine, :icon_eek:- taking ink away from the tip its like useing a ball point pen to draw on paper you stuck on your ceiling :icon_rolleyes:- youl be good for 2 seconds untill the ink flows up the wrong end of the pen then if you keep trying long enuff it will eventuly start to leak onto yourself :icon_redface:+(youl get alot of arm ache :icon_cry:) the solution :icon_cool: draw ya pic the right way up :icon_cheesygrin: then stick it to your ceiling,,,,(thats if you want a pic on your ceiling hehe:icon_biggrin: so moral of the story i guess dont put yaself in awkward position when you do your art its more important you are comfatble than the client + you wont lay ink into the skin when your machine is upside down,
the only ink that ever sees my tubes is when the used needle is taken out of the tube/grip :icon_wink:

mcowan226

Premium
First Name
michael
I don't recall ever saying anything about turning any of my machines upside down. And ink from any machine does not flow like a ball point pen. Dip your finger in water, shake it up and down, I bet the water flicks off both ways too. And beyond that, forget the armature bar, we're specifically talking about a rotary anyway. The smoother action of rotaries have a heavy tendancy to cause ink to ride up the needle bar. Don't take my word for it, do some research.

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
can't say I've ever seen ink inside the grip?? I check it after every use and clean the tip with alcohol wipes..... The only part to touch the client is the needle or the tip. I have found one up side to the hawk cartridges tho, - the clear tip ensures you see how much ink is 'loaded'. I don't have any problems with T Tech or Hawk needles regarding ink splatter.