P Favourites Album - for Inspiration & Ideas...

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Me again!

maybe you're not interested in this idea - but thought I'd mention a couple of books I just bought the other day and have found really great...

Tattoo Bible Book 1 - has some good images which could easily be traced for flash and was only about a tenner on Amazon (could be useful when discussing ideas with clients in the future?? - and also 'The Mammoth Book of Tattoos - edited by Lal Hardy'. Some great inspirational pieces in here!

Oh well.... someone might be interested!!!:eek:

Maybe not???

Daz

Premium
First Name
Darren
Tattoo artist Louis Molloy probably more famous for the David Beckham angel tattoo.

Has produced some really excellent work.

Attachments

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
Tattoo artist Louis Molloy probably more famous for the David Beckham angel tattoo.

Agreed. he really is a great tattooist. The realism stuff, like the polo mint, Hilda Ogden etc is brilliant.
BUT, is it me or has that bloke god his head so far up his own arse or what!
Have you seen London Ink?

Daz

Premium
First Name
Darren
Yes watched London ink, if you get chance take a look at Tattoo Highway there is an artist called Thomas Pendelton very good tattooist without the attitude.

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn

Yeah his work is fab - but know what you mean about his attitude - suppose when you are so much in demand you can be like that?!!

I wonder what he charges to do a tat?

Daz

Premium
First Name
Darren
Its alleged that Louis Molloy charges *£300+ per hour, There are 2 local registered tattooist near me which charge between *£70 - *£90 per hour. My upper sleeve cost *£480.

Something for us all to aim at :rolleyes:

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Louis Molloy is a brilliant tattoo artist,but i agree with tattooz...what an arrogant git,(molloy not tattooz)and he's always banging on about being professional,yet he laughs & takes the p**s out of clients that come into his shop for cover-ups.......
Don't know if you know or not,but louis molloy was only the boss for tv,it was actually Dan Golds shop....

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Louis Molloy is a brilliant tattoo artist,but i agree with tattooz...what an arrogant git,(molloy not tattooz)and he's always banging on about being professional,yet he laughs & takes the p**s out of clients that come into his shop for cover-ups.......
Don't know if you know or not,but louis molloy was only the boss for tv,it was actually Dan Golds shop....
Hmmm that's interesting - I did wonder why, if he was so fed up with Dan (specially as he's always moaning about him working so slow etc.) why he kept him? That answers that then!

I still like Miami Ink - love all the guys - and the banter - even if Armi (?) is up his own backside!!

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Hmmm that's interesting - I did wonder why, if he was so fed up with Dan (specially as he's always moaning about him working so slow etc.) why he kept him? That answers that then!

I still like Miami Ink - love all the guys - and the banter - even if Armi (?) is up his own backside!!
hey dawn,
have to agree with you there,Miami ink is brill.....(The shop they use for the tv show is not their real shop,the proper tattoo studio is across town) i also like watching LA ink,i think craig (the British artist at american electric)is brilliant.

Kaz

Karen
Premium
First Name
Karen
:)How about we all post images of our favourite works - or add links for any artists worth a look at? you can spend hours on the net - there are thousands of them out there... just an idea for us Prem members;)?

I came across this artist yesterday and think her work is absolutely fab...

http://www.kellydotytattoo.com/?CFID=82349119&CFTOKEN=26124657

View attachment 596
Hi Wild This site is superb, I love the artsits work... Thanks for posting, Very inspiring. :thumbsup:

malagaspike

Premium
First Name
Nigel
Kat Von D

Kat Von D La ink for me , her portraits are so good it makes me feel like giving up , she is so gifted. Also there is loads of stuff for download on Extratorrent.com incl Tattoo bible.
orig-3939211.jpg

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Re: Favourites Album - Alice in wonderland sleeve

Saw this guy Greg in Cumbria at north lakes show. Has done some amazing work. Pretty young girl was sporting fabulous pair of full sleeves. Thought I'd add them to this thread. Studio is rocknrolltattoo Edinburgh. Artist is mr Greg.

http://www.myspace.com/tattooedinburgh/photos/21450687