P Fill in with Out Gaps

Peopleeeeee how can i fiil in a tribal or a shape good !! with out gaps !!!! ann no trauma to the skin !! no blood !!! howwwww??????????????????????????????????

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
Hi Tsak, for a tattoo with a large area of filling in, you will get a better result with a mag, it takes a bit of getting used to but after a short time your speed and technique will improve, start off by not pushing to hard and work in small tight circles, don't go to fast as you can damage the skin, use plenty of ink and wipe the surplus ink off to see if you have missed any parts, if you spray water over the tattoo it will reflect the light and it shows areas where it is patchy, it is ok to go back over the areas you have missed but a third time isn't advisable, you can always ask them to come back after the tattoo as healed to just touch the tattoo up, you will find your speed after a bit of practise, some people like to work in a pushing motion but when the tattoo heals you have more chance of seeing needle marks, I would have an hour practise on a banana before working on real skin.

bdahyrt

Premium
First Name
Rick
It is not possible to have no blood, but you definitely shouldn't have blood pouring out of it. And definitely make sure that the person you are tattooing doesn't drink any alcohol before or during the tat as this will thin the blood and cause excessive bleeding and will be much harder for the ink to take.

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
As already mentioned, take your time and lots of practice. I had a similar problem a while ago, but with lots of practice things are much better now. I make sure I dip into the ink more often and this has helped me. Mags are definately the way to fill with colour or black tribal, but it really is down to practice.

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Peopleeeeee how can i fiil in a tribal or a shape good !! with out gaps !!!! ann no trauma to the skin !! no blood !!! howwwww??????????????????????????????????
Hi Tsak,
Whatever needle size you use,work in small circles,a small area at a time...don't be tempted to rush,as this will result in "holidays" ( gaps not filled with ink ) practice on fake skin...remember,small circles.......to get the best fill,use a m1 mag......golden rule with filling in...take your time & be careful not to overwork the area...happy tattooing....

Hi Tsak,
Whatever needle size you use,work in small circles,a small area at a time...don't be tempted to rush,as this will result in "holidays" ( gaps not filled with ink ) practice on fake skin...remember,small circles.......to get the best fill,use a m1 mag......golden rule with filling in...take your time & be careful not to overwork the area...happy tattooing....
Yes this is my way (small cycles) lot of ink and with mag ! WHAT IS M1 MAG ? but even then with small cycles and slow i leave empty spots and i go again and the skin damage and i have blood in the area.. i work 1. 5 mm deep..

Hi Tsak, for a tattoo with a large area of filling in, you will get a better result with a mag, it takes a bit of getting used to but after a short time your speed and technique will improve, start off by not pushing to hard and work in small tight circles, don't go to fast as you can damage the skin, use plenty of ink and wipe the surplus ink off to see if you have missed any parts, if you spray water over the tattoo it will reflect the light and it shows areas where it is patchy, it is ok to go back over the areas you have missed but a third time isn't advisable, you can always ask them to come back after the tattoo as healed to just touch the tattoo up, you will find your speed after a bit of practise, some people like to work in a pushing motion but when the tattoo heals you have more chance of seeing needle marks, I would have an hour practise on a banana before working on real skin.
If i go to slow damage the skin.. if i go fast less damage but maybe not good job.. right?

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Hi Tsak

Firstly make sure your machine is tuned correctly and running smoothly. Working slowly in tight circles with a mag should give you a good colour fill, and you will not have to go over the same area and cause any skin damage. Working too fast is more likely to cause skin damage because you will have to go over the area again to get the colour in. Keep practicing on pig skin until you are confident that you can get the colour in. I had similar problems when I first used mags, but I found that after regular practice every day for about 6 weeks I was able to get a good result.
I use M1 mags mostly, which are stacked fairly close together, and recently have used curved mags which I find are good for soft shading and weaved mags for bigger areas like tribals. But there is no magic, the only way is too keep practicing and you will soon find it much easier.:icon_biggrin:

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Yes this is my way (small cycles) lot of ink and with mag ! WHAT IS M1 MAG ? but even then with small cycles and slow i leave empty spots and i go again and the skin damage and i have blood in the area.. i work 1. 5 mm deep..
try a little deeper 2mm.

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
2 mm ?? Ι was thinking to get down to 0.5 mm / 1 mm for redusing the scab after and the blood/
If you put the ink in at 0.5 mm depth,you are only putting ink into the dermis (top skin layer ) you need to be at 2mm,so that the ink is put into the epidermis layer of skin. If the ink is put in to shallow,it will not stay. a little blood & scabbing is nothing to worry about,as long as the client is keeping the tattoo clean,it will heal fine.

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Hi Tsak

It might be a good idea to read through the training manual again because all of the information regarding machine set up, needle depth etc is clearly explained. I often refer back to the manual because there is so much information that is very useful.:icon_biggrin:

Brizobear

Premium
Media
First Name
brian
2 mm ?? Ι was thinking to get down to 0.5 mm / 1 mm for redusing the scab after and the blood/
0.5 -1mm is not deep enough, you will find once the tatt has healed the ink will have come out of the skin or be very weak. 2mm is about the recommended depth, also there will always be blood during a tattoo and should only be a slighy seepage at that. Its better for the tatt if it doesn't scab I find putting bepanthen on the tatt regular is enough to stop it drying out and gives you better end results..

Hope this helps

Bri

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Hi,
Personally I hate tribal as the infill is so slow and boring!! There is no magic to getting the ink solid - as the others have said, nice big mag (bug pins are lovely), good quality ink, small tight circles, 3 passes over the skin at 2mm depth. If excessive blood then client may have had alcohol or be on some medication - but bleed should not be excessive. Too much blood and I find they loose the ink! Also remember to tell clients not to sit in hot bath or spray with hot shower for couple days as this gives skin a chance to settle. A second sitting is prob advise able anyway once healed ( min 3 weeks) to get the tribal really solid and looking good!

lordbaalnox

Premium
First Name
Lee
0.5 -1mm is not deep enough, you will find once the tatt has healed the ink will have come out of the skin or be very weak. 2mm is about the recommended depth, also there will always be blood during a tattoo and should only be a slighy seepage at that. Its better for the tatt if it doesn't scab I find putting bepanthen on the tatt regular is enough to stop it drying out and gives you better end results..

Hope this helps

Bri
I also recommend Bepanthen as my aftercare, using Bepanthan richly for three to four days stops scabbing almost entirely and gives a rich result.

back to topic; I find that I can be very impatient especially if doing large tribal, its so boring!!! you just have to be disciplined and slow down, tight circles and use smaller mags until you get used to using them, then increase slowly, using a very large mag when your not used to them will only make you want to throw your machine out of the window in disgust :icon_cheesygrin:

(((using a very large mag))) you mean ??? 11 mag? if the peace is small? round shader right?

I also recommend Bepanthen as my aftercare, using Bepanthan richly for three to four days stops scabbing almost entirely and gives a rich result.

back to topic; I find that I can be very impatient especially if doing large tribal, its so boring!!! you just have to be disciplined and slow down, tight circles and use smaller mags until you get used to using them, then increase slowly, using a very large mag when your not used to them will only make you want to throw your machine out of the window in disgust :icon_cheesygrin: