Finally done with this japanese sleeve, Found the dragon linework from a book, but the colorscheme and background are all designed by me.

soulskript

Premium
First Name
Sebastian
Looks like alot of work really. The shading really makes me jelous.
Only thing i see is maybe a lack of contrast with the head, but that might be just the photo. Really good composition, nice flow, nice everything

Reallt nice sleve, i can you're glad it's done, how many hours did you put into this?

sheyd

Premium
First Name
Shey
sheycreative
I really l the color pallet. Reminds me of dragon ball z lol

I would make the coloring in the scales more consistent. I would make sure they all have the same amount of skin break/edge because if you don’t it warps the shape of the scales and defeates the effort u put into the line work.

you have a similar problem with the leaves. The uneven coloring messes with the shape. The yellow should be more consistent around the rim of the leaves and blend to the center of red more smoothly.

overall good work though.

soulstare22

Premium
First Name
Timmy
good eye, for the last few leaves I was basically tired af and running on fumes so rushed them. I have him coming back for a touchup sesh in a month anyways.

The scales were a mess, the only part that got consistent coloring was the dragon arm on the tricep. I originally wanted a lighter more pastelly light green, but it healed way too light so I had to go over everything with a darker shade. The arm on the tricep did not get the light pastel green so it looks way cleaner, since i did it all in one session instead of having to cover up another color.

soulstare22

Premium
First Name
Timmy
Looks like alot of work really. The shading really makes me jelous.
Only thing i see is maybe a lack of contrast with the head, but that might be just the photo. Really good composition, nice flow, nice everything

Reallt nice sleve, i can you're glad it's done, how many hours did you put into this?
for the band shading I have better results doing it in 2 sessions. lol its most likely due to my in experience, but I get way smoother gradients doing it in 2 sessions. I did the first time a bit lighter and darked it more the 2nd time.

A few of the bands were done in 1 sesh so it can be done, im just not good enough lol.

Remove Ads

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.