Fire Colour

callumgeorge

Premium
First Name
george
Hi all just some more advice please I know when tattooing you start dark then go lighter with your colour but if your doing fire were the object is on fire and the yellow is first then orange red etc, how would you go about this? Would it be ok to start yellow then go darker working out from object or darker working inwards?

maggot

Premium
Media
First Name
colin
I would definatly go dark to light as colours so close together,you risk staining. Just put all your colours out and you can either mix up your blends in pots or by dipping into next colour and mixing in tube you will need a couple of each colour so you have a clean colour when you need it. If you want a reference line just bloodline it

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
I find that fire looks better Red at the base, to orange, and yellow at the tip.
Fire and things like that with a blend, dont matter which way round you do it, as is is a gradient into the same object, and you probably wouldnt rinse deeply between colours anyway.
The theory behind dark to light as far as i am aware is that is you did lets say light yellow, the skin obviously has many holes in it. If you then came along with dark blue and wiped the ink across that area, you would get the blue into the open area and cause it to stain a washy greeny blue colour.

Hope this helps.