First 3 Attempts on Pigskin

Snoogins

Basic
First Name
Mike
Hey Guys. I've been checking out a lot of the stuff you guys have been doing and thought I'd post my own. I used fake skin for a couple of weeks but wasn't impressed with the way it took ink so decided to give some good old pig skin a try. So far I've only done 3.

First up was an attempt at an old school rose. Didn't clean the skin properly and the smell made me rush it at the end so I accidentally coloured the full petal in on the left and abandoned it without putting the finishing touches to it.
1 rose.jpg

Next up I thought I'd try something with some longer lines and a bit of shading. Might have been a bit ambitious though, it was supposed to be all black and grey but my medium grey was just going in like black. I ended up abandoning it before I'd finished (again).
2 anchor.jpg

Finally I wanted to try a swallow. I actually finished this one (well, pretty much. I did notice the colour wasn't as solid after scrubbing it up but couldn't be bothered to go back in at to touch it up)
3 swallow rose.jpg

I love the old school stuff and think it's great to practice on. I'll post more as I do them so we can hopefully see my progression. Any thoughts/advice welcome

Remove Ads

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Nice work Mike,welcome to the forum :icon_mrgreen:

graeme

Premium
Media
First Name
Graeme McKay
They look great matey:thumbsup:, liking your avatar as well, now where have I seen that before...
2011-05-24 15.33.33.jpg aha, I had a wee stab at that on pig skin:cheesy:
Keep up the good work and welcome to the forum.

Snoogins

Basic
First Name
Mike
Thanks a lot for the encouragement guys. I haven't done much this last week since I've been busy but hopefully tonight I'll get my machines out and do some more.

Nice work on the sailor jerry design Graeme, I almost did that one before opting for the anchor I did do, I'll definitely be giving it a shot eventually though. Just love his clean, simple designs

Louismoore3

Basic
First Name
Louis
Nice work

What set up are you using???

Ink
What size lining needle and what sort of shading needle???

Keep up the good workt