First Attempt on Skin

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
I finally popped my cherry last night and tattooed this on fellow forum member Jonturbo. I'm pleased with it for my first attempt and proved one hell of a learning curve. It took about 3 1/2 flippin hours to do, probably down to lack of experience.

first tattoo.jpg

Luckily the design lends itself to having the lines thickened up with a thicker liner needle later on when I have a steadier haand and more confidence which I think will make a massive difference to the final job.
Big thanks to John for being my first, it was emotional. :icon_biggrin:

Remove Ads

jonturbo

Premium
First Name
jon
Cheers mate i like it a lot. Glad youve finally got your first one down on skin, there will be no stopping you now ha ha.

Fozz

Premium
Media
First Name
Michael
So you've popped your cherry then, excellent work..... So, do we all just have to book appointments now?? Haha....

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Well done Steve a good first tattoo, you will have much more confidence when you do your next. Also as you say this one can be added to with more shading or lining or incorporated into a sleeve at a later date. Look forward to seeing the next one. And don't worry how long they take my first one took about 3 hours and would probably take me only 45 mins now as it was only a small tribal. :icon_smile:

X DEBS X

Basic
First Name
Debbie
Great first attempt on skin - well done!!:icon_smile: i think 3 1/2 hours is pretty good for the size and your first go. Did you find easier to work on real skin than pig?

stealth

Premium
First Name
rob
Steve, brilliant work mate looks nice ! So when can i "pop up" to leeds & get some ink ? :icon_cool:

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Wow! Thanks for all the positive comments! Free tattoos are on me, form an orderly queue!
I find it easier on pig skin if I'm honest at the mo, but only as there is less pressure!

Flying Monkey

Premium
First Name
Chris
Looks great. I cant wait to get to the point of doing my first tattoo on real skin, but its a long way away for me. If you dont mind me asking, what needles and ink did you use?

jonturbo

Premium
First Name
jon
Wow! Thanks for all the positive comments! Free tattoos are on me, form an orderly queue!
I find it easier on pig skin if I'm honest at the mo, but only as there is less pressure!
I do remember you saying something like free tattoos for life to me last night ha ha.

seriously mate very soon you need to start charging you saw last night what that so-called pro did on my other arm and yours is better than that so go for it

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Looks great. I cant wait to get to the point of doing my first tattoo on real skin, but its a long way away for me. If you dont mind me asking, what needles and ink did you use?
I used 5rl for outline, 5rl for text shading and 7mag for the rest of shading. I want to go over the lines in the future with a 14rl to smooth out the lines and to make the design bolder.

Premium
First Name
micky
Stealer job Steve, well done mate