First Day Using the Hawk

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Hi Rob

They are really good tattoos, I think I will have to look into getting a hawk.
Where are you based? I near Bristol.

Great Work well done

malagaspike

Premium
First Name
Nigel
Yes thats really good work, i have the hawk but find it hard to put colour in tried alsorts ,i use geniune needles and tried different volts but still difficult. What was your needle size and voltage ? i also tried two different inks Imortal and New Image.
I have a normal power supply but my machine dosent kick in until about 9/10 v.Now thinking is this normal.
Any adice would be appreciated as i do like it and cannot fault it for line work. Cheers

RTats

RTats
Premium
First Name
Rob
Yes thats really good work, i have the hawk but find it hard to put colour in tried alsorts ,i use geniune needles and tried different volts but still difficult. What was your needle size and voltage ? i also tried two different inks Imortal and New Image.
I have a normal power supply but my machine dosent kick in until about 9/10 v.Now thinking is this normal.
Any adice would be appreciated as i do like it and cannot fault it for line work. Cheers
hiya... I use either Hawk or TTech branded cartridges and actually find no real difference between the two (but its early days). With my rotaries I was lining at around 6.5 to 7Volts and ranging from 5.5 to 7 for mags with the smaller mag being the lowest. So higher for lining, lower for shading. With the Hawk I have found it to be the opposite in that I run the liner around 50 or 60 and the shader at 90-100. I am sorry I dont know what these convert to in normal ps volts. For me, at this stage, I found this to be optimum speed and the feedback from my first 3 tattoos with the Hawk is that these settings also result in the least amount of pain during process. I am happy with the speed too with the foot for instance only taking just an hour including stencil placement. Clean up and interchanging between needles has also reduced the time for each tattoo.

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Hey Rob,
looks like you are enjoying your new tool!!!

The results look v good too - and as you say, most clients who have had tats with coil and then rotary comment on less pain!

The low noise is what I love, :icon_cheesygrin:, I would be going home each day with a banging headache without this little gadget!

Keep up the good work!