First on Flesh

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
Decided to do a simple nautical star on my leg.

Opinions?

IMG_0261.jpg

Remove Ads

X DEBS X

Basic
First Name
Debbie
I wouldnt exactly call a nautical star "simple" to start off with as it is all straight lines but you have pulled it off. :icon_biggrin: what ink did you use and what size needles?

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
I wouldnt exactly call a nautical star "simple" to start off with as it is all straight lines but you have pulled it off. :icon_biggrin: what ink did you use and what size needles?
Thanks.

I used a 7RL and 8RS. And Iron Butterfly ink.

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
I expected a 7rl to have a thicker line than that. Do those lines look consistant with a 7rl? I like tattoos with thick almost oldschool type lines.

X DEBS X

Basic
First Name
Debbie
I expected a 7rl to have a thicker line than that. Do those lines look consistant with a 7rl? I like tattoos with thick almost oldschool type lines.
Even though it is a 7rl, you get get different size tapers, e.g, m.t, l.t, xl.t. It will say on your needle packaging. The longer the taper the more longer and tighter the needles are are the end, which makes the lines more smaller/tighter. :icon_smile:

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
Even though it is a 7rl, you get get different size tapers, e.g, m.t, l.t, xl.t. It will say on your needle packaging. The longer the taper the more longer and tighter the needles are are the end, which makes the lines more smaller/tighter. :icon_smile:
Ah, that makes sense, but I cant find it on the packaging...I only see needle type, 7rl, and exp date.

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Hiya Bob,

I'd say that's not a bad attempt at a star - which in my opinion are difficult to pull off!!

malagaspike

Premium
First Name
Nigel
Nice sollid colour , Stars are now very popular and clients think they are a quick simple walk in BUT they are NOT it may look simple but its one of the easist things to mess up so well done mate.

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
Thanks for all the comments.

Here was my 2nd. Had a hard time getting the machine set right, but it turned out ok. It is a coverup and the "dragon" has a lot of scar tissue so it stands out alot.

deathy.jpg
Any tips on covering the "dragon" when I do the touch up? It stands out real bad because of the scar tissue.

Last edited:

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM

A coverup of a chinese symbol.

IMG_0284.jpg

Had a few squiggily lines so I had to go over them and it made them darker. It was harder than my first star, but its better than what was there.