First Tat on Another Person

oultimer

Premium
First Name
jim
Iam planing to do this tat on a girls ankle this week i have explained to her that i am only a beginner but she has seen my work on practice skin and on myself and is willing to be a 'victim;any advice from you 'experts would be welcome'she has lots of previous tats so knows all about pain etc':icon_eek: Picture 017.jpg

Remove Ads

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Hiya Jim,

great news!! - I would say, get a nice clear drawing to work from first. This particular drawing is a bit sketchy - so ensure that's how she wants it to look - make a good clear stencil and ensure it goes on really clear, no smudges or shadow lines. Let it dry properly before you start to tattoo - as sometimes the pet jelly will lift the stencil off - and you'll be knackered!
Other than that, just try to keep nice and calm.... (easier said than done!)...

good luck and let us see the result!

Dawn x

oultimer

Premium
First Name
jim
Thanks Dawn 'will be redrawing it before making the stencil and will do it on practice skin first'i have a few more interested potential clients if all goes well 'someone is calling tomorrow night wanting a ;minnie mouse tat'will be discussing that with a view to having a go at it 'maybe!! 'Was thinking of using a 7 tight liner and 5rs by the way wot you think?

malagaspike

Premium
First Name
Nigel
Very dainty perfect for the ankle ,look forward to seeing the real thing 7rl maybe eh! good luck Jim

Daz

Premium
First Name
Darren
Agree with all the other comments, im sure you will be fine and cant wait to see the tattoo.

Keep up the good work mate. :clap:

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Hi Jim,just take your time with everything mate,let the stencil dry before you start tattooing...(put the stencil on before you set up your machine,that way it has time to dry) Remember to breathe,(the natural reaction is to hold your breath when doing your first few tats, This will make your hand shake more)just relax & enjoy it...When doing your lines,make sure you know where the start & stop points are,try to do each line in one smooth motion...make sure you have good light & don't use to much Vaseline,just a small smear over the area you are working on,try not to WIPE to much...DAB the excess ink where possible,firstly this minimizes soreness for the client & also you won't wipe the stencil off........practice the tattoo on piggy or fake skin a few times,this way you will know your way around i the tat when doing it for real.......GOOD LUCK WITH IT MATE....:icon_cheesygrin:

akka

Premium
First Name
Ben
GOOD LUCK JIM lookin forwad to seein finished product

Sl1pperyweasel

Get more ink..
Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Graham
Good luck m8.
I know I was well nervous with my first. What I try to do know is start on a few lines that can be disguised later in the tatt. That way your initial shakes will be able to be hidden. After a few mins you will find that its a lot easier than piggy & get right into it.
If your like me once its done it ill be a big buzz & want to do more!. Piggy will never be the same again. :icon_mrgreen:

gazza

Basic
First Name
gary shaw
Thanks Dawn 'will be redrawing it before making the stencil and will do it on practice skin first'i have a few more interested potential clients if all goes well 'someone is calling tomorrow night wanting a ;minnie mouse tat'will be discussing that with a view to having a go at it 'maybe!! 'Was thinking of using a 7 tight liner and 5rs by the way wot you think?
good thing to have with you is a skin marker just in case
you get the stencil messed up thats what happend to me
first time.

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
good luck dude ;) 1 idea may want to consider, the long "swirly line" you may want to shorten the length of it, just to save you having to join an out in the "open" line, so you have nice short lines with easy start and finnishing points for each line, its simplify the whole tattoo, yet still be pritty, and youl prob enjoy doing the tattoo alot more building your confidence also

7 tht liner sounds ok with maybe 9 round shader

AND more important enjoy yourself have fun dont rush for nothing or no1 go at your own pace think things thru lay everything out nice get everything to hand
:icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen: