P Flash To Line Drawings

Micknoble

Premium
First Name
mick
Hi there

As i was reading the course in section 4 at the very end it says that you guys know how to take any image we have and how to convert them into just the outline and we could find it in "Freebies foe our subscribers" which i was lucking forward to as the would save time and money in printer ink ect ...
But having gone to this section it is locked down for some reason would any of you know why or does any one know how to do this

Thanks in advance

Davey

The boss
Admin
First Name
Davey
Sorry Mick,
The forum is the only part of the site, that subscribers need to be manually added to the new usergroup, to be granted extra positions. hopefully, now you should have complete access to roam. :)

Any help, just ask.

Micknoble

Premium
First Name
mick
Thanks for that davey

Could you please point me in the direction on how to turn flash into just outline mentioned in the course in section 4 please

Thanks in advance

Davey

The boss
Admin
First Name
Davey
Ooops i forgot about that section, when we moved to our new forum software,
What graphics program have you got installed on your computer?
Paint shop pro is the easiest to do it on, but any will do it in just a few simple clicks.

Micknoble

Premium
First Name
mick
I am running on Paint.net which is a free fairly good editing program.

But if needed i can get paint shop pro just that i find paint,net very easy and free :)

Davey

The boss
Admin
First Name
Davey
Flash To Lines

If you have Photoshop you can turn your flash into line drawings by going into image>mode>grayscale then filter>sketch>photocopy. Even works for tribal.

If you use Paint Shop Pro:
1. Load your colored Flash into the program by clicking on the folder option (top left of screen, 2nd icon from left) OPEN FOLDER
Select your flash from disc or the folder you have it saved in. Once flash is displayed do the following:
\/
Click the 4th dropdown menu from the top left of screen which is IMAGE then go down & select SPLIT CHANNEL then SPLIT to CMYK, this will create 4 windows. The last one being a black page with grey outlines.
\/
Now click on EDIT (2nd from left at top of page), then click REPEAT SPLIT to CMYK this will create more windows. The last one being your LINE DRAWING

While this window is selected, you can save it to disk,

CONVERTING BLACK TRIBLE TO LINE DRAWINGS

Load Tribal Flash into program as you did with the colored flash.
Once the tribal is on screen do the following.
\/
Select EFFECTS from the drop down menus (5th from left at top of screen)
Now select EDGE EFFECTS and then select TRACE CONTOUR
This will instantly give you your line drawings for the Tribal flash.
Once again save the end result to disk.

SOMETIMES DEPENDING ON THE STRENGTH OF THE DESIGNS, THE OUTLINE CAN BE A LITTLE TOO LIGHT
IF THIS IS THE CASE. DO THE FOLLOWING:
\/
Select EFFECTS once again. Then select ART MEDIA EFFECTS and then select PENCIL. A window will open where you will be able to see the before & after effects.
In the 4 parameter boxes, change the values as follows.
\/
LUMINANCE = -30
BLUR = 1
INTENSITY = 100
COLOUR = Right click with the mouse AND THEN LEFT CLICK AND SELECT THE ÃÂ*¢white COLOR.
Now click OK
\/
If you want to make the lines darker do the following:
Select EDITthen select REPEAT PENCIL
You can repeat the above step as many times as you like, until you are satisfied with the intensity of the lines.

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
Excellent!
Why have i not seen this post before. Then again its over 12 months old i suppose. That works reyt good.

TattooJay

Premium
First Name
Jay
Is it possible to do this with the online photoshop that is available here on the forums. If so can someone please walk me through how to do it??