Free Business Rates for Any Small Business.....

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
On my continuing journey towards setting up a tattoo business I today discovered that there is a government initiative currently in place for your business rates! If the rateable value of the property is under 6k per annum - anyone in business - new or existing - can claim a free status! Now don't confuse rateable value with the rates you pay - these are 2 different figures. If you see a shop for example - ring your local council with the address and they can tell you what the rateable value is!

This is in place until at least sept 2011 - and poss Sept 2012 - so a massive saving for small businesses!

Daz

Premium
First Name
Darren
Free business grant

Hi Dawn

If you are looking to start up a business you may want to see if your council will give you a free grant.

Our council offer.

Small Business Start-ups

The Business Start-up Programme offers free business training and an initial grant of *£500 (subject to conditions) to anyone starting a business for the first time in the Bromsgrove District. We promote new businesses with press releases and with an annual Business Start-up 'Showcase' exhibition to which all sponsored businesses are invited together with the press, local radio, the Councillors and any new applicants. *Over the last 8 years Bromsgrove District Council has assisted approximately 250 new businesses which have shown a very high survival rate.

Business Booster grants

These are grants up to *£1,000 to help a relatively new business make a significant step forward. The grant must be match-funded by the applicant i.e. if you want to claim the maximum of *£1,000 then you must also invest *£1,000. These grants are normally used for purchasing computers, laptops, business-related software or presentation equipment. We have recently helped 2 new retail businesses with shopfitting equipment. Again, certain conditions apply, but these are not onerous.

For more info visit http://www.bromsgrove.gov.uk/cms/business/business-support-and-advice.aspx

Hope this helps you and others