Funny Looking when Finished but Looks Great when Healed...

jeffdodge

Basic
First Name
Jeffrey Dodge
I have been tattooing for about 3 years now. I just recently started noticing that my work looks odd when it is first done (light/bright colors do not pop and look bright) though when it heals it looks great. How is it that professional tattoo artists can make the colors look right immediately after they finish working on it and they do not look bland?

This is a couple of pics of my work
311314_10150361041074621_507334620_8075949_1990192401_n.jpg 306440_10150361040889621_507334620_8075946_956271121_n.jpg

Remove Ads

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
The Koi looks great. Better than the one I just did. Having said that it should be if you've been tattooing for 3 years! I think it's neat work. Not sure of the boy design though. :-/

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
lots of variables. Are you using A&D with your work? Usually right after I am done and cleaned it up throughly, Ill smear a nice coat of A&D on there, THEN take a picture. Usually I get some nice pix that way. Also, could be your inks?

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
I have been tattooing for about 3 years now. I just recently started noticing that my work looks odd when it is first done (light/bright colors do not pop and look bright) though when it heals it looks great. How is it that professional tattoo artists can make the colors look right immediately after they finish working on it and they do not look bland?

This is a couple of pics of my work
View attachment 2338 View attachment 2339
Hi Jeff,its all down to your ink mate...most of the pro's you see on tv use Eternal,really nice bright ink...

jeffdodge

Basic
First Name
Jeffrey Dodge
Well, I got an apprenticeship today. I'll continue to hang around this forum but I just had to brag about it! :icon_biggrin:

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Jeff Congratulations on getting an apprenticship, hope it all works out for you. who you going o be working with? Good luck and keep in touch,:icon_biggrin:

jeffdodge

Basic
First Name
Jeffrey Dodge
Sorry I took so long to reply.. been so busy! I was previously using Skin Candy, but I'll be switching to a mix of Eternal and Intenze. I am apprenticing under Austina Obscure (austinaobscure.com) and just did my first tattoo under her supervision the other day. Here is a picture of it.

Attachments

jonturbo

Premium
First Name
jon
Sorry I took so long to reply.. been so busy! I was previously using Skin Candy, but I'll be switching to a mix of Eternal and Intenze. I am apprenticing under Austina Obscure (austinaobscure.com) and just did my first tattoo under her supervision the other day. Here is a picture of it.
looks good that mate :icon_mrgreen: