G'day from Down Under!

Chops

Premium
First Name
Steve
G'day everyone,
First off, this site is awesome! Very happy I found it!

A little about me-
I started off on latex skin for a while and then went to scratching briefly before landing an apprenticeship. I worked in 2 shops (of the same company) for a little over a year but had to leave when the boss decided to move overseas. So I took what id learned and for the last 2 years Ive been tattooing from home using 100% disposable needles and tubes. Cleanliness is extremely important to me. I consider myself in the process of self-teaching but not quite qualified yet.

I enjoy doing black and gray work, and am in the process of learning to use more colours.

Here are some examples of my work:

Again, this site is awesome! Most sites Ive looked at don't cater for the 'self-taught' tattooist and label me as a hepatitis spreading scratcher.

Thanks for looking!
Steve

Remove Ads

simon1983

Premium
First Name
Simon
Hi mate,
Yes this site is brilliant, i've only just started practicing myself but the amount of info i have got from this site alone is pricless.

The people on here are very helpfull and not against giving you the benefit of their experience.

From the pics above you look very talented. Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing some more.

simon

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Hi Steve

Welcome to the site, you will find a friendly helpfull bunch of people here with lots of good information who are willing to share their experiences. Your work looks really good and look forward to seeing more of it. Let us know what needles you used on this tattoos and how you achieved the detailed effects especially on the blood lettering.:icon_biggrin:

Chops

Premium
First Name
Steve
Hi mate,
Yes this site is brilliant, i've only just started practicing myself but the amount of info i have got from this site alone is pricless.

The people on here are very helpfull and not against giving you the benefit of their experience.

From the pics above you look very talented. Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing some more.

simon
Cheers mate, thanks :icon_biggrin:

Hi Steve

Welcome to the site, you will find a friendly helpfull bunch of people here with lots of good information who are willing to share their experiences. Your work looks really good and look forward to seeing more of it. Let us know what needles you used on this tattoos and how you achieved the detailed effects especially on the blood lettering.:icon_biggrin:
Thanks, for most of my work i use 5RL and 5RS for small details and 11RS for larger areas of detail work. I never got into flats or magnums.I have some progress pics of another 'carved' style tattoo, if you'd like to see them ill post them.

Thanks for the warm welcome, much appreciated!
Steve

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Steve

Thanks for replying and yes we would all like to see more of this carved style, it looks great and I am currently half way through a horror sleeve so may be able to incorporate something like it.

Cheers

Pat

Chops

Premium
First Name
Steve
Steve

Thanks for replying and yes we would all like to see more of this carved style, it looks great and I am currently half way through a horror sleeve so may be able to incorporate something like it.

Cheers

Pat
No worries mate, i did a quick wirte up on it here: http://www.helpmetattoo.com/forum/showthread.php/1296-My-quot-carved-quot-Technique-(-PIC-HEAVY-)

Nice work bud, very well executed.
Thanks mate, much appreciated!