P Getting shading right?

DavidE

Premium
I am looking for a bit of advice regarding shading.

How would you get shading as smooth as the black on this pice? It really does look good, but i find that when i try it, i get lines made by the mag, so if i am using a 9 Mag, i have 5 faint lines instead of a nice smooth finish.

Any advice on using mags to get this sort of finish is appreciated.

inked69er

Premium
me 2

iam really in desperate need of some advice on mags too.so plz let us know.if you find anything crazyfrog plz share it with me an il do the same

its to do with the angle an when u put the needles to the skin u must make sure its a the right angle so the top row of needles are going in aswell as the bottom getting the angle right is proven differcult no help i no

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
big grouping mags 23+, u just need a machine powerfull enough with enough punch
thats my thoughts but mite be wrong :1 anyone else have any suggestions????????

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
hello peeps,

the way i do the soft shading is.......use quite a big m1 ( depending on the tat size )
forget the small tight circles.. large circles & work quickly,try not to overlap to much,this will make it look patchy....start with a light shade,then get darker if needed ( it's easy to add,but you can't take it away ) best to practice this on piggy first....:)

j3rz3y1

Premium
Media
First Name
Frank
mags

Im still not use to mags so i use flats alot.So any advice on mags would be helpful also. :rolleyes: Davey make a new video on shading with mags you can do it one we can learn from .