Gloria in Excelsis Deo - Concept for Hightower

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Just a concept chest piece as requested by Hightower in a previous post.
I enjoyed the idea that this was kind of a request and I didn't have to scratch my brain to think of something to tattoo! It was as if i'd just had a walk in. :icon_biggrin:
I've never had a go at big text so quite liked the change, whats more it didn't take as long to do. Bonus.

Hightower.jpg

Ps. Hightower, let me know your thoughts if you see this, I don't mind if you hate it or didn't have this sort of thing in mind at all, it was still fun. (Is it arcing the right way? You said rainbow, but this is an unside-down rainbow, I guess :icon_confused:)
Steve

Remove Ads

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
I think its awesome! I for one suck at lettering, I really need to work on that, seems like a popular thing these days.

Vfrlon

Premium
First Name
Lonnie
That is really nice lettering and flows very well, A+ all the way for that.

Is that your own lettering or is it a font you've found somewhere?

Lonnie

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
That is really nice lettering and flows very well, A+ all the way for that.

Is that your own lettering or is it a font you've found somewhere?

Lonnie
It's a bit of both. I got basic lettering from Da Font, changed it a bit and added my own flourishes and stuff to it.
Didn't go too crazy with it as Hightower wanted it to be easily read.
Glad you like it!

Hightower

Premium
First Name
Kerry
S*** man, that is awesome! Only thing is I'd like it to arc the other way (I think, I mean that looks good!). Book me in!

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
S*** man, that is awesome! Only thing is I'd like it to arc the other way (I think, I mean that looks good!). Book me in!
I can do that. I'd change a few bits if it was going the other way. I'll knock another one up this week. I like the comment 'book me in'.. Haha, like I've got a big waiting list!

X DEBS X

Basic
First Name
Debbie
Sorry to butt in, but i would advise who ever it is thats having this piece to have it the way its already done which is curving upwards as it will flow much better on the chest - assuming that there are no other colliding tattoos there already, but thats just my opinion, its entirely up to them. :icon_smile:

Here's an example pic just to show the nice flow.

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Sorry to butt in, but i would advise who ever it is thats having this piece to have it the way its already done which is curving upwards as it will flow much better on the chest - assuming that there are no other colliding tattoos there already, but thats just my opinion, its entirely up to them. :icon_smile:

Here's an example pic just to show the nice flow.
Yeah, this is the popular, normal way to do chest text tattoos which is why that's what I figured was meant. Almost like the neck acts as the centre of the text arc.
Arching the other way can work if there is already a central piece lower down the chest for the writing to kind of frame. Or if that's the future intention of the customer. The above is a great example of the type of thing I was aiming for. Cheers Debs.