P Green Soap Recipe

frontosa

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
hi all
any one help me out
im looking for a home made green soap recipe, im sure i seen one on this site before, but i cant find it or i must have seen it on the net but i still cant find it lol.
any help would be great
thx.

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
look under the designs and stencils thread. There is the recipe which I use and seems to be ok. It's headed stencil transfer fluid around in Jan this year.

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
Whats the point of green soap? I have some but its not antibacterial or anything so I dont get the point.

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
Whats the point of green soap? I have some but its not antibacterial or anything so I dont get the point.

Green soap is a soft soap made from vegetable oils with sodium or potassium hydroxide in concentrations adjusted to retain glycerol. The soap actually may be any color, depending on the oils added. Many people know this environmentally safe soap as a tattooistââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢s soap. Because itââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢s medically safe, it is often referred to as a ââ*€šÂ¬Ã…*€œtincture of green soapââ*€šÂ¬Ã‚*. A tincture is an alcoholic extract with a limited percentage of ethanol. This soap has earned its name due to its yellowish green hue. There is no dye in it. Instead, the vegetable oil and glycerin gives the soap its natural green tint.
Because tattoo soap is all-natural, it is generally non-irritating. It is also biodegradable, which may be another reason itââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢s dubbed a green soap. The same kind of soap is used by those handling bodies with skin disorders due to its cleansing and emollient properties. After tattooing or any other skin-irritating procedure, this type of green soap can make the skin feel somewhat soothed. Because of its oil content it doesnââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢t make skin feel as dry as other soaps.
Although there are many uses for green soap, the most common is using it in piercing studios and tattoo shops. Piercers and tattoo artists use it to prep skin, remove soil, blood, and ink, and as a soak for surgical instruments. Green soap makes an excellent pre-sterilization soak for surgical instruments. Soak to remove blood and soil. Remember this does not substitute sterilization using an autoclave or Ultrasonic sterilizer.

............................and above all, I like the smell of it!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

Brizobear

Premium
Media
First Name
brian
Making Your Own Green Soap

Hey guys, i keep seeing ppl on this site going on about green soap and whats in it..

Here's how to make your own.....

Boil water in a kettle and let it cool. Or use distilled

Pour the water into your spray bottle

Add a couple of cap fulls of dettol

Lastly a good squeeze of green fairy liquid

Give it a good shake....... There you have it

Hope this helps

Bri:icon_lol:

graeme

Premium
Media
First Name
Graeme McKay
Re: Making Your Own Green Soap

Cheers Brian, sounds good to me so I'll give it a bash.:thumbsup:

steveo9441

Premium
First Name
Steve
Re: Making Your Own Green Soap

Thanks Brian

Going to give this one a try as can not stand the smell of the bought stuff ;)

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
Good tips thanks.

Has anyone used home made methods for ultrasonic cleaning? I normaly add a few drops of green soap to mine, not sure what else can be used,