Greetings from the UK

pedr0g0mes

Premium
First Name
Pedro
Hi guys im Pedro from Portugal currently living in the UK, i've never tattooed before but i was always keen in doing so ,although life gets in the way as always, at the moment i've practicing drawing every single day and tattooing sintetic skin once a week, i have 2 coil machines that ive build from what ive learned and 2 rotaries, 1 injekta flite clone and a bishop rotary clone (awaiting to arrive on the mail), i've been watching every single tattoo and drawing videos on youtube and i did learn lots of great stuff, although is never the same as beeing on a apprenticeship, unfortunately due to the requirements and problems of beeing apprentice, while having a family to support i have to do it on my own, anyway i will practice a bit more and read some posts in this forum and probably go ahead and tattoo my leg since i cant really find any guinea pigs at the moment, wish me luck !
Take care guys !

Remove Ads
Last edited:

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
Hello and welcome to the forum Pedro! Post some pics of your practices on fake skin! Critique its always good to get, and hopefully we can help you decide if you're ready to waste your leg 😉

Dazza

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Daryl
Hi Pedro welcome to the forum,your story is the same as many of us ,so your in the right place

pedr0g0mes

Premium
First Name
Pedro
Hello and welcome to the forum Pedro! Post some pics of your practices on fake skin! Critique its always good to get, and hopefully we can help you decide if you're ready to waste your leg 😉
i´ll defenitely do that before i proceed ehehe i was thinking doing some maori or other polynesian style since is mostly bold lines , but ill keep practise my drawing skills for a couple more weeks before i waste my leg as you said ! thanks for the support !

pedr0g0mes

Premium
First Name
Pedro
Thanks dazza i'll browse around the forum for information and user experiences :p i appriciate the support !

Raskal 1220

Premium Plus
First Name
Chase
First good job on going straight to premium. You’ll get more out of this group of friends for sure. I too work at least 84 hours a week and squeeze in as much as I possibly can everyday no matter how much time I get. I know with the help of everyone, that’s here on a regular basis, progress will be made in the right direction. Good luck and can’t wait to see some of your work. 👍🏻

pedr0g0mes

Premium
First Name
Pedro
Hi Raskal, thank you ! i hope i can learn more stuff from the masters ! Now i just need to improve my drawing and creativity xD thanks for the welcome pal !

Chopper20

Premium Gold
First Name
Andy
Hi guys im Pedro from Portugal currently living in the UK, i've never tattooed before but i was always keen in doing so ,although life gets in the way as always, at the moment i've practicing drawing every single day and tattooing sintetic skin once a week, i have 2 coil machines that ive build from what ive learned and 2 rotaries, 1 injekta flite clone and a bishop rotary clone (awaiting to arrive on the mail), i've been watching every single tattoo and drawing videos on youtube and i did learn lots of great stuff, although is never the same as beeing on a apprenticeship, unfortunately due to the requirements and problems of beeing apprentice, while having a family to support i have to do it on my own, anyway i will practice a bit more and read some posts in this forum and probably go ahead and tattoo my leg since i cant really find any guinea pigs at the moment, wish me luck !
Take care guys !
Hi Pedro, welcome.

This forum has been crucial to me learning. YouTube has some great stuff but also left me with a lot of questions that I then put to the guys on here.

I think a lot of us on here are in the same situation in that family/financial commitments prevent us from doing apprenticeships, but a lot of the best tattooists seem to be “self taught” so it’s all good!

You might find once you have some good pieces down on practice skin or pig skin that a guinea pig is easier to find. Then once you’ve tattood a guinea pig well, a few more guinea pigs will be willing 😁

pedr0g0mes

Premium
First Name
Pedro
I hope you're right mate, i don't know maybe i need to wait in front of a club late at night offering free tattoing eheeheh, but seriously i think after i get my leg done my wife will allow me to try on her as well and hopefully a couple more friends after that, i love realism tattooing but i guess i need to start with traditional our tribal tattoing that might be less technical , anyway great hearing from you and i surelly hope i can get even more info in this forum !

Me16363

Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Shaun
I hope you're right mate, i don't know maybe i need to wait in front of a club late at night offering free tattoing eheeheh, but seriously i think after i get my leg done my wife will allow me to try on her as well and hopefully a couple more friends after that, i love realism tattooing but i guess i need to start with traditional our tribal tattoing that might be less technical , anyway great hearing from you and i surelly hope i can get even more info in this forum !
Traditional is a lot more technical than you think mate, so many rules👍🏻

pedr0g0mes

Premium
First Name
Pedro
Traditional is a lot more technical than you think mate, so many rules👍🏻
you're probably right mate i actually just had a brief view over the traditional style with bold lines bright colors they look great i haven't tried to draw or tattoo this style but will have too eventually :p

Raskal 1220

Premium Plus
First Name
Chase
pedr0g0mes I did a swallow the other weekend and used the wrong colors, didn’t make the lines fat enough, and used the wrong style of tail on it. The tattoo looks good, just not a “traditional” style swallow.

pedr0g0mes

Premium
First Name
Pedro
pedr0g0mes I did a swallow the other weekend and used the wrong colors, didn’t make the lines fat enough, and used the wrong style of tail on it. The tattoo looks good, just not a “traditional” style swallow.
at least now you know my friend ! is there any book or pdf regarding "rules" about traditional tattooing?

Last edited:

dirtnail

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Pieter
There's no clear how-to guide to traditional but there are plenty of good books and resources to study the style.
Main thing is clean lines, lots of black, and a limited colour palet.
Remember the old time guys didn't have all the fancy equipment, techniques and inks we have available today.
Sailor Jerry is a good place to start if you want to get into traditional.

pedr0g0mes

Premium
First Name
Pedro
There's no clear how-to guide to traditional but there are plenty of good books and resources to study the style.
Main thing is clean lines, lots of black, and a limited colour palet.
Remember the old time guys didn't have all the fancy equipment, techniques and inks we have available today.
Sailor Jerry is a good place to start if you want to get into traditional.
great i will have a look thanks pal !