P Hand Wrapping Coils

mxtattoo

Premium
First Name
Rob
Hi all, Does anyone have any info on wrapping and winding your own coils. trying to find out about core sizes and materials also wire guage ?. and suppliers would be handy. any information would be greatfully received. i have an engineering background and beleive i could wind my own coils and fabricate and weld my own machine frames as i have all the skills tools and equipment needed. thanks in advance for any info. cheers, Rob C.

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Re: Hand Wrapping Ciols

Hi all, Does anyone have any info on wrapping and winding your own coils. trying to find out about core sizes and materials also wire guage ?. and suppliers would be handy. any information would be greatfully received. i have an engineering background and beleive i could wind my own coils and fabricate and weld my own machine frames as i have all the skills tools and equipment needed. thanks in advance for any info. cheers, Rob C.
Have a look here mate.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-nLZdWbR48
or here.
http://cgi.ebay.com/MAKE-Custom-Win...231?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e741d2a7

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james

Or try looking up the machine that appeals to you the most and try and replicate the materials and spec but get creative with the frame;) i seen 1 time on ebay a company sends you out wax type material machine "blank" with the holes already drilled out in the correct position then you carve it or cut it sorta do what you like with it shape/stylewise then send it back to them then they will cast it for you to your exact design but tbh i think you mite be better off buying eikkon coils and springs(or winged angel springs) and fitting them to a frame youve custom made :icon_mrgreen:

mxtattoo

Premium
First Name
Rob

Thanks for the info! much appreciated :thumbsup:.

inkstar

Premium
First Name
OG

Thanks for the info! much appreciated :thumbsup:.
hi there i have been making coils for about 3 years i 1st seen how to do it on you tube , making coils is not as hard as i was told and you get better running machines , you can put top of the line enameled magnet copper silver wire on them , and make what ever you want 8,10,12, wraps or ive been playing round with 9,wraps ,with good wire you get a great coil and the coil is the heart of the machine ,