Hello and Thank You

mcowan226

Premium
First Name
michael
Hey everyone,

I've been dabbling in the scene a little over a year now. A couple personal friends and artists got me started (one classically trained, one scratcher). Lately I've been spending as much time as I can both working in skin and rebuilding machines from the ground up. I currently run a couple of chinese machines I've rewound coils for by hand, swapped out capacitors on, carved aramature bars, etc. Oddly enough at the same time I got into building coils, I bought a Hawk. Anyway, I've found a lot of usefull information here and continue to find more. If anyone out there knows much about capacitors, please fill me in, I'm curious if there are any downfalls to nonpolarized. Also I had quite a hard time on piece I did the other day. Couldn't get my Hawk to punch the line work on an inner bicep. My coil hit just fine, but I was curious if any other cheyenne users have run into this?

Mike

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
I take it you stretched the skin? Otherwise the needles can just bounce off the skin. (that's what I've been taught by the way, not what I've learnt first hand!)

mcowan226

Premium
First Name
michael
I always stretch the skin as best as I can. it was my first inner bicep, and the skin is tough to stretch, so it's possible I didnt get it enough, but then why would my coil work so much better?

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Hi Micheal

As Steve already mentioned I would have hought perhaps the skin was not stretched enough, but if it's ok with coil machine I can only suggest that maybe you need to increase the power and check that your needles and power pack are ok. Sorry to be so vague but I only use coils at present so don't know anything about the Hawk. There are several members who use them on the forum and they sound great so hopefully you will find your solution soon.